• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

litter training for bonded 4

gil

Mama Doe
hi my newly bonded 4 are all getting on great but they are still all peeing in different parts of the run. Dusty now has urine scald as she keeps lying in a puddle of wee (she's getting treatment for it)
any ideas how i can get them all to go to the same loo?
they use part of a hutch and a cardboard box in the run but there are other areas that they are using too!
thanks!

Can you just put litter trays where they go so that they get the idea what the tray is for and then gradually remove the trays?

Also, clean the area with distilled vinegar to get rid of the urine scent, which might discourage them from using it.

They may still be marking territory though, so it may settle with time.

hey, sky-o think we're following each other round the forum, just left a reason for Dusty's urine scald in the health section!..........but yes i did wonder if it will take them time to settle and decide on loo areas. i've also been out with the diluted vinegar too. there's a particular corner that Dusty likes to lie in which is at the top of a double hutch where the ramp is but also where one of them is leaving puddles of wee. they like to sit there as that's where the sun is in the morning.................

Back