• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Breeder on doorstep..

Sparkle x

Wise Old Thumper
nearly...

Few doors up, i knew they had a rabbit, he once asked about my lot and if i bred and i told him my views but today him and OH got chatting and he was building a rabbit hutch and we went to have a look...(no comment..:roll:) and he said they were going to start breeding, i told him i disagreed and that they should get them neutered and allow them to live happily...!

Im really annoyed, he said there on the look out for a female and that his friend bred and currently has over 30+ to get rid off....?!?! :censored::shock:

There clueless and well i am really annoyed, i expect i will have him knocking on door soon asking for help....!!! Grr!

Maybe, if he has his heart set on breeding it would be worth trying to put him in touch with a reputable breeder, that way at least you know it was done responsibly to eradicate problems within breeds and generally improve the breeds. It would also be worth suggesting her join the BRC so that he can hopefully go to some shows and get to know some good breeders.

Maybe, if he has his heart set on breeding it would be worth trying to put him in touch with a reputable breeder, that way at least you know it was done responsibly to eradicate problems within breeds and generally improve the breeds. It would also be worth suggesting her join the BRC so that he can hopefully go to some shows and get to know some good breeders.

He and he isnt interested.

Thing is i doubt they know very much. (although i could be wrong...)

I dont want to see pressuring either but its just not fair.
They have one hutch, what if they cant get rid of babies...

*follows you around and replies to all your posts*

Maybe you could try and point them in the right direction for help? Maybe provide some knowledge somehow? There will be a way to get to him unless he is that thick that he won't listen, and if he is that thick then by the sounds of it he won't be able to look after them properly (enough space, etc, so will probably end up over crowded) so you can then report him to the RSPCA.

He and he isnt interested.

Thing is i doubt they know very much. (although i could be wrong...)

I dont want to see pressuring either but its just not fair.
They have one hutch, what if they cant get rid of babies...

I guess that is a litter every 4 weeks :shock:

You call that a breeder?
On the Dutch forum or in dutch, we don't call that breeders...that's a multiplier...:censored:

It must be awful to be in this position and not be able to do anything.
I guess all you can do is watch for any signs of neglect and get straight onto the RSPCA when it happens.:(

If his friend has 30 plus rabbits he's trying to get rid of, you'd think the alarm bells would start ringing with this complete donut that breeding rabbits is too much hassle and doesn't make economic sense.

I know.
I said i would post leaflets through the letterbox and my OH says "oh it wont be obvious where those come from"
He asked about rabbits a while ago and i told him to go to a rescue, but i guess if you want to breed then.....

I will be keeping a very close eye on them believe me, i just know he will come knocking when it all goes wrong.

If i knew his landlady i would tell her cos she wouldnt allow a kitten....so...

x

Back