• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A sad week.

Pink Badger

Warren Scout
This week has been horrible, I have lost 3 rabbits in 5 days. :cry:

One (beautiful Holly) I was expecting she was 9 and was having trouble for some time.

The other two were a complete shock. Willow had what the vet thought was a stroke on monday morning and I was faced with the horrible choice of putting him to sleep or waiting to see what happened. He was having trouble breathing and couldn't move and I couldn't see him suffer so I let him go.

His partner Sapphie stopped eating and drinking and died at the vets this morning. I'm not sure if she was pining or if it was just coincidence and she had an unrelented condition but the vet could find nothing obviously wrong with her.
I'm still reeling a little if i'm honest. I know they must all leave us eventually but it's hard to lose them so close together.

I'm so sorry, how truly awful for you. Given that two had some sort of unpredicted problem, is it worth getting any others you have checked out?

Binky free Holly, Willow and Sapphie

I'm so sorry. I had the same thing happen to me in the summer, I lost 3 in 6 days. So I know exactly what you are going through. By the time I lost the 3rd I was completely numb, it took a long time to sink in that they had gone :(

Binky free Bunnies xxx

Sorry that you've lost 3 so close together. It hurts so much doesn't it, it leaves such an empty space. Hope things improve for you.

Back