• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Binx Pulled a Steve McQueen Last Night/UD ate a whole satsuma is that bad??

MammaH

Alpha Buck
I am having a huge sort out in my room and I've moved Binx into my long cupboard (basically its a small room that is used like a walk in wardrobe) whilst I bottom the place and I moved him in there last night after cleaning out his cage, and I went to change his water and add some extra food to his bowl and I don't know maybe I forgot to close the latch on his cage but at 6am this morning I heard scraping or something from my cupboard and I freaked out cause I thought someone was in our house! So went to investigate and there's Binx sat on my dirty washing pile looking guilty as hell (as my dirty washing was covered in droppings! He musta nudged the cage and got out and had a field day! I have my "goodies" in there like crisps sweets and a full bag of oranges and he'd managed to munch a whole orange (which I don't think is doing well for his poos as they STINK!) and he's gone for gold on the skirting board, so I'm going to have to buy a pot of touch up paint so my landlord doesn't spot them.

Will he be oki after eating an orange, I don't know if rabbits are aloud them as they're very citrusy but I didn't know he was gonna pull a Great Escape on me!
Anyone else had a similar encounter?

Last edited:
:lol:nawty nawty bunny, i would hold on the veg and treat etc and give lots of hay and small amount of pellets he feel this is a punishment :lol: but i would do this until his poos are back to normal, im not sure on what oranges do someone might shine a better light on that something to do with the citric acid can cause a gum or lip prob ??? do not quote me on that was just a thought,

He will probably be peeing out vitamin c for a long time :lol::lol::lol:

I have only heard about citric acid hurting piggy lips. I have had some piggys that were very sensitive to apples and it caused sores on their lips, but have never come across the problem with bunnies

I know someone who actually gives orange when his buns have a specific gut problem because it is so acidic it sorts out the problem (but I don't remember in what circumstances he does it, so don't try it). I am not sure, however, that they can eat the skins. I think that might be your problem area.

He will probably be peeing out vitamin c for a long time :lol::lol::lol:

I have only heard about citric acid hurting piggy lips. I have had some piggys that were very sensitive to apples and it caused sores on their lips, but have never come across the problem with bunnies

ahhhhhhh it was piggies it upsets as i said i wasnt sure

how are his poos now is he fine in himself, he might think twice before haveing a nibble on an orange if he gets a slight tummy upset :lol: if some things are a one off i dont think it does them serious harm, ive caught my buns nibbleing tomato and potato leaves and they have been fine was just me flapping going noooooooooooooooooo

i think hes more bummed about me catching him out in the wee hours of this morning!:lol: he doesn't seem as nosey as he normally does, ive just been in to top up his water bowl and more hay and obviously he tried to break free but he had a good 7hour run this morning and most of the day skiding around in the bathroom :roll: i think he's learnt his lesson mind! still keep finding little presents but his poos are quite sausagy and smell very strong :shock:

What about the pips? If they are anything like apple pips they aint gonna be good. :oops:

I know male rats shouldn't eat citrusy things but dont know if that applies to buns too.

Maybe give your vets a quick call in the morning if poops are still smelly just to describe what he done and his symptoms?

Hope he will be ok tho, naughty bun.

Back