• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pen for bonding?

capel

Warren Veteran
I'm helping to bond to buns next week and had intended using my metal zooplus run until I remembered that it's to go on a patio and as the lid will nave to be hinged down so that we can get in quickly if neccessary it won't be very stable(esp as the anchoring pegs can't be used on concrete) so I've been looking at an alternative. Both buns are tiny lops so I wondered if anyone has seen /used the metal runs fromP@H. It doesn't need to be big as it's to be used purely for bonding. I looked online this morning and there's something called a puupy playpenwhich is under £40.00

if u were gunna use one of them couldnt you just use the sides of the zooplus run and connect with cable ties?

as for the puppy pen i used one when bonding peanut and jelly and it worked fine :D

Hi:wave:The thing about the zooplus one I have is that the lid also forms one of the sides,so there would be only 3 useable panels.

Hi:wave:The thing about the zooplus one I have is that the lid also forms one of the sides,so there would be only 3 useable panels.

is it the end or a side? cus mine is attatched to one of the 3 foot panels so if u minus that panel it would still be bigger than a puppy pen.

If yours is different to mine, then yeh a puppy pen would be good, but get one off ebay lol there cheaper! i got mine 2nd hand for £10

Aw thanks Kay, but I'll ask my friend to see if she can borrow one from somewhere if I can't adapt the zooplus one. She's had a problem trying to bond these two buns before but she was using one of their runs, so it wasn't neutral territory. These rabbits live side by side quite happily in their runs so I'm hoping that on totally neutral territory I can get it to work.

I use the hexagonal pannel run from pets at home for bonding. It works well, I find, because there are no corners and that seems to prevent one rabbit feeling cornered by another and I've found it works very well. Mine was £30 from pets at home, so I think I got a different type from you, but it works well :)

Sounds like your Zooplus run is the same as ours. I successfully used the side panels to make a hexagonal run when I took my guinea pigs to school for a visit. It would be the ideal size for bonding. Give it a try! :D

Thanks Abi. I was looking at it this afternoon and had decided to do just that:D:D. Planning to do it on Wednesday, weather permitting. Should have done it today I suppose, but I've had so much of my own stuff to do.

Back