• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Got a problem....Mega territorial

Gem

Wise Old Thumper
:wave:

Not often I ask for advice but here goes.

Bandit, the cute but deadly one :roll: is spayed as are all the other occupants in the warren

She hates with a passion most of the other buns, she'll accept her dead partners brother but he's bonded with another female that Bandit hates....Ruling out a threesome...I've tried many times with several nasty injuries on both sides.

Blue is Bandit's dead partners brother and they both love each but he also loves Harley, at the moment he alternates his night between Harley & Bandit, I know all about breaking bonds but it works for them.

One problem is that Blue looks unhappy when he spends the night with Harley but Harley is unhappy when he's with Bandit :?

The main problem anyway is Bandit absolutely hates Harley with a passion, she'll do anything to get to her, she's dug under three foot buried wire, bitten her way through chicken wire, wrecked the weld mesh, she'll scale a five foot fence, you name she'll do it, aside from keeping her locked up 24/7 or nailing her feet down ;) what else can I do with her?

I know its quite a serious problem but... :lol: what a soap opera!

In the soap opera what would happen is that Harley would tell Blue to make a choice, and when the weak man with a soft spot for the mean lady in the street couldn't, Harley would have it out with Bandit and tell her she'll die old and lonely if she doesn't start being nicer to people and a few days later she'd be playing with kids at a street party.

:) Hope you get it sorted though

just a wuick question when you treid them together was the entire area netural to all 3 rabbits? by this i mean the pen wiped down with white vinegar the ground never been touched by any of them and the toys water bowl etc all clean and new or at least soaked in white vinegar?

I know its quite a serious problem but... :lol: what a soap opera!

In the soap opera what would happen is that Harley would tell Blue to make a choice, and when the weak man with a soft spot for the mean lady in the street couldn't, Harley would have it out with Bandit and tell her she'll die old and lonely if she doesn't start being nicer to people and a few days later she'd be playing with kids at a street party.

:) Hope you get it sorted though

Thats given me a good laugh about it.....thank you! :lol::D

BunLover, I don't use pens so everything was neutral....I think they just hate each other :roll::(

:wave: i know exacty what you mean..willow and bif!
bertie loves all three...but is with willow..bandit n bif are apair but bandit is teriffied of bertie now.and willow hes off like a rocket and he used to bite her.

im thinking folks are right..some arent meant to be bonded but we gotta give it a try..its better for them to live as a group properly.

mm have thought maybe twos company but threes a crowd? our banidt helped the bonding but its actually easier with two pairs thanit was with one pair and two singles..or even one pair and one single.
problem is berties a very social bun..whereas willows not neither is bif...but bandit is easy pleased unless hes scared..and hes scared.

they all shut up and get on when salem our kitty comes in and rubs round them all and makes a fuss of them all..wanna borrow him?:lol:

its a case of breaking down the dominance factor..with territorial buns its a case of harder work..longer time..and of course we give up each time as its sressful on buns but maybe we sgtick at it..yeah easy to say!

good luck to you..ill keep fingers crossed..when oyu crack it can you do mine:lol:

Well I guess you either leave as is or you need to find a new husbun for one of of the ladies. If you've tried Bandit with other rabbits and its not working then I'd go for trying for one for Harley.

Whilst I would never usually recommend splitting, she sharing anyway so I don't think a split is going to be as upsetting as in a normal case.

You know what both ladies like so try and aim for a bun with a similar personality to Blue.

Tam

Back