• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New house for Flopsie! UD new pics with finishing touches :)

blaisey

Mama Doe
I felt awful that Flopsie was only living in a Nero cage and knew i'd have no chance of passing a home check by a rescue when it comes to finding the little fella a wifey after Christmas. So I went out and bought some NIC cubes from B&Q and I'm quite pleased with the first attempt.

I'm going to get some lino to put down tomorrow (fingers crossed he's a good boy and uses his litter tray tonight lol)

DSCI0268.jpg

DSCI0269.jpg

He looks so small in it :D

Last edited:
They're quite easy to assemble, just panels and joins. It all just clicks together :)

I just sat in the spare room where he is now (he was in the kitchen) and he kept looking at me and thumping his leg down.

So he's either scared, or saying "Woman, get me out of here this instant!"

Looks great :D Rabbits can be fussy about a change so don't worry. Couple of days and I'm sure he'll act like he's always lived there :D

It looks great I am sure he will love it soon. :love: Perhaps he would like a box or some thing to hide in as it is quite a big open area.

Its fab! How much did it all cost?

£45 for 2 boxes of cubes, its 24 per pack.
I think it's going to cost about £20 for lino so I don't think its too bad.

Oh, and it doesn't look like that this morning. Flopsie has done some home improvements :lol:

Looks fab! A tip for the lino is to make sure its bigger than the base of the cage so he cant chew the edges when hes inside. :D

Thanks for the tip :)
He likes chewing, there is hardly any newspapers down now, he's dragged most of them up!

Looks great, I'm looking for something for stitch. where abouts is the door?(if there is one), sorry I'm being sleepy and stupid :oops:

Looks great, I'm looking for something for stitch. where abouts is the door?(if there is one), sorry I'm being sleepy and stupid :oops:

It's on the side, just a few panels that lift up.

I'm onto second draft now though. It's now got a laminate floor, shelf with ramp and i've taken the old blue cage out of it :)

thats brill!.

Shauny has just moved into a new pad from a nero cage, he was def a bit off for the first few days, not really with the new pad but with eating his pellets and veg- although he ate more hay :)roll: i know go figure lol).

he now spends his time in the top bunk looking down on us, oh and weeing on his dad since he built it for him:shock::roll:.

hel take a few days to settle (she says fingers crossed he doesnt wee on his dad tonight:lol:)
x

Yay, Flopsie seems to have settled in now, and runs around and jumps up to his shelf and seems a bit happier :)

Here are a couple of pics of what it looks like now :)

DSCI0273.jpg

DSCI0274.jpg

Typical that when I go to take pics he just sits there looking miserable with himself :roll:

Back