• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

mady isn't good

madysmummy

Mama Doe
understatement really. vet rang me up at 2pm to say that the abcess has pretty much eaten away at her jaw on the lower right side. she came out of the GA and is now home. i'm at work for the night - hubby picked her up and said he wasn't going to suger-coat it - she looks terrible. moe is a bit scared of her - prob cos she looks so different with a shaved right side of her face, and smells weird. she has an appointment sat morning but i think we will have to make a decision - i don't want her to be in prolonged pain. i won't see her until after 8am tomorrow and i ahve to said i'm a bit scared of looking at her in such a state.

AWww hun havent seen you post on here much lately, im so sorry to hear about Mady:cry: still sending loads of vibes to your girl, and hugs to you.Debx

I'm so sorry things are not looking good. Thinking of you. If you make the decision to end her pain maybe try and make these remaining days as amazing as possible for her, favourite treats if she can eat, lots of fuss, generally the full works all the time. That way you know she has gone out on a high, and that's all you can hope for.

x

Oh I'm so sorry, Maddy is feeling poorly. If it's any help at all, Peppermints second surgery for his abscess was hefty invasive surgery ( had part of his jaw sliced away in an attempt to get rid of all of it). He had bounced back very quickly after his first op, but the second one did knock him sideways and I really thought it was too much for him. He needed extra pain relief not surprising, but he came through and bounced back. It took a bit longer than the first time, but it was more invasive so that's understandable. I really hope Maddy perks up and comes through this. I know how worrying it is for you. Sending lots of ((((((VIBES)))))))

hubby has been super supportive - his mum phoned him last night just for a general chat and he told her, and how worried he is about me seeing her when i get home, as he said its pretty scary. plus i have a real fear of dead and stuffed animals and i know she's not dead but i'm worried seeing her in such a state is going to bring out that fear. he said that not only is she shaved down her right side but her mouth is not not closed properly and so you can see her teeth. i've got visions of her looking like a monster on one side of her face.
anyway so my mum- in -law has said she will meet me at home so i don't see her for the first time on my own. how lovely is that.
hubby said she ate one multi-grain hoop (her total fave and normally you don't see the going of them with my two ) last night thats it ! clearly she's in too much pain. we'll just have to see how she is today and we've got the vet appointment sat morning.

Back