• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wanted netherland dwarf

Bunnie_Mummy

Young Bun
Hi all,

I currently have a LARGE french lop called Ozzy.
We had a dog on trail, from my mum for a few weeks with us, and ozzy loved "Bow" to bits.
Unfortuantly "Bow" the dog had to go back to my mums house, due to bad infection with his foot. (mum works part time and can look after his medication needs more)

Ozzy is heart broken :( - and were are looking for a small netherland dwarf for Ozzy, so he can interact and have another "friend"

I dont want to get a rabbit from a pet shop, nor a breeder. And feel we would love to give a rabbit a second chance of life, from rescuing.

Ozzy is a 2yr old male neutered buck, and I understand a neutered female would be a good friend for him.

We are based in the Lancashire area, Preston. And I have no idea where to start. I am alittle unsure on the bonding process too, but managed to cope with him bonding with the dog. (To be honest it was easy, as he is a friendly, playful rabbit)

Any ideas, or help?

My last concern is that if anything does go wrong, where would I start at re home the netherland, due to incompatabiltiy problems...

Hi all,

I currently have a LARGE french lop called Ozzy.
We had a dog on trail, from my mum for a few weeks with us, and ozzy loved "Bow" to bits.
Unfortuantly "Bow" the dog had to go back to my mums house, due to bad infection with his foot. (mum works part time and can look after his medication needs more)

Ozzy is heart broken :( - and were are looking for a small netherland dwarf for Ozzy, so he can interact and have another "friend"

I dont want to get a rabbit from a pet shop, nor a breeder. And feel we would love to give a rabbit a second chance of life, from rescuing.

Ozzy is a 2yr old male neutered buck, and I understand a neutered female would be a good friend for him.

We are based in the Lancashire area, Preston. And I have no idea where to start. I am alittle unsure on the bonding process too, but managed to cope with him bonding with the dog. (To be honest it was easy, as he is a friendly, playful rabbit)

Any ideas, or help?

My last concern is that if anything does go wrong, where would I start at re home the netherland, due to incompatabiltiy problems...

ok here goes..look on rabbit rehome... this wil list rabbits and also buns in your area a netherland dwarf is a very tiny rabbit and an unusual choice of companion for afrenchie due to size diff and humping dominance etc but it might work. bonding must be done on a neutral area and both buns be neutered adn spayed respectivly. you can go speed dating with your bunny at a rescue and they can bond for you. you will need to meet the minimum requrements of hutch/run space usually 6x3x3ft hutch to a 6x6ft run or if indoors then a large 48inch dog crate minimum with access free range to house which is bunny proofed including wires.

please don't put a female nethie with a frenchie..the size differnce means the nethie could easily be injured..same as putting a gp with a rabbit:(

Why not look for a larger bun? Much better:D

Firstly well done for thinking of a rescue bun but i have a couple of nethies with me at the moment and I also probably would not recomend one with a french lop because of the size difference. Also nethies can be a bit nervy (although it is always rabbit dependent) & some find larger rabbits/humans/dogs intimidating. My rosie for example is terrified if cats approach the run but the others will ignore it.

These are all the neutered females in the yorkshire area which I think preston in is.

http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sear...ond=Single&County=Yorkshire&Submit=++Search++

Back