• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Guinea Pigs..

Sparkle x

Wise Old Thumper
Okay so at my OH's mums they had two Guinea Pigs living with two rabbits (and yes i do know they should'nt, its just how it was there)
Sadly one Guinea Pig died...this was through no fault of theres. So my OH brought the other one to live with us, after me arguing about them being kept together etc etc...

Anyways...

We've had him here nearly a month now and he seems to be doing well.
He was abit underweight and just in general not a happy guinea pig, he was v.scared!

Hes come around well, its taken a few wks for him to like us lol.
We have been keeping him in an indoor cage giving him chance to settle to new surroundings, as he used to be kept in a shed in a hutch and now we have him inside.

As he seems more confident we have introduced him to NIC grids, not too big, with lots of hidey holes, boxes, tunnels and hay etc etc.

He loves it, hes been running around and has never made so much noise lol.
He came upto my hand and tried nibbling on me :love:

So lets get to the point...Currently he has lived inside for nearly a month, would you say its too late to put him outside now?!

I dont mind him inside for Winter this time, but he will be going outside at some point, just didnt want to put him out if i shouldnt.

The rest of my piggies live outside but always have done, he will eventually too, fingers crossed with them lol

:love::love::D
Thanks!!

eh, i think piggies are much happier indoors. but he needs a friend so if the only option is putting him outside.. I guess its ok

its a bit cold for a piggie to move outside now as they dont cope well with temperature change he could still get to go out in a run ouside during warmer sunny days tho i think..... personally i would get him a freind of his own kind...that will cheer him up pm jellybaby she has bonded a lot of pigs into her little group and might be able to offer advice there are lots of loverly piggies on g.pig rehome that would love a new home.... you could even have a small group?!X

its a bit cold for a piggie to move outside now as they dont cope well with temperature change he could still get to go out in a run ouside during warmer sunny days tho i think..... personally i would get him a freind of his own kind...that will cheer him up pm jellybaby she has bonded a lot of pigs into her little group and might be able to offer advice there are lots of loverly piggies on g.pig rehome that would love a new home.... you could even have a small group?!X

I will keep him inside till winter is over.
I have other piggies i aim to bond him with, there males and it generally ends up with a fight.
I have taken advice of Elve this time so things should be better!!

Thanks alot.

xx

Back