• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Baby Buzz poorly

JoJoWoz

Young Bun
Baby Buzz from Toy story 3 is poorly:cry:, vibes needed.
Been fine all day went out to give them their tea SS normally when we shake the bag Buzz comes running to it and tries to bite it but not tonight so peekend inside kennel and he was on the upper level sprawled out, showed him a pellet no joy called OH who who picked him up to find him listless. Ran in house with him and rushed him to the vets (Shutting kept open for us) so unfortunately couldn't see rabbit savvy vet. Anyway he gave him antibiotic shot and said he was hypothermic 95 degress instead of 104. Told to return him in morning if no better.
Anyway Called Steph form Underhill and she has been fab Thanks Steph, gave him infacol and water and tummy rubs and chased him round lounge placed him in his box and placed this in kennel so we can keep all three together but can tell if he's poo'd (not yet).
Need vibes please and thanks again Steph
Joanne

Oh cricky, just seen this and moved it in here, how is he? Did the vet not give a gut starter or metacam, sending vibes, hope he is ok?

Baby Buzz has done a poo:D

Seems a lot better today still not 100% but definately on ther mend he is started eating his fave veggies and some corriander, definately think it was Statis as he poo was very nasty but done 5 pellets since and they seem normal.
Got so worried and felt really inadequate luckily Steph was on the end of the phone with the infacol and tummy rubs advice.

No the vet was :censored: he admitted he didn't know what was wrong with him and said it may be a chill coming on so Antibiotic shot was given, didn't have any choice to see him though normal fantastic vet had day off (how dare she). Will know what to look for in future and how to treat it.

Thanks for all your concern, really grateful.

Yayayay great news, but it's got to be said that vet is awful :shock:, a chil coming on :shock::shock:

The thing is infacol is ok, as a temp measure but shouldn't be used to treat statis all the time, you could do with a vet that will administers a gut starter and painkiller.

Please don't assume you can self treat it as you would never forgive yourself if you got it wrong.

I am so pleased he is ok, whooop whoop :D:D:D

We use Stuarts and partners in Dudley, Helen Priest there is fantastic but unfortunately she had yesterday off:cry: Woody is due for his Myxi with her tonight so i am taking Buzz with us and ask her kindly if she would just take a look at him to give me peace of mind

Powis & Partners in Amblecote is a fab vet if ever you are stuck again there a 3 vets there I would always recommend :)

So glad Buzz is ok Jo :love: I didnt sleep all night either :lol: The emergency vet you saw sounds pants :? I only did what I could think of to do without seeing Buzz in the flesh, it sounded like statis to me. Atleast now you know to ask for a gut stimulant and pain killer but for what you were saying Im sure if you had gone back to the same vet he would only have done the a/b injection. Nose rubs all round xxx

Yippee! Glad buzz is getting better :-D we feel personally affronted when our favourite vet is off :-S have to remind myself that vets have lives too! ;-)

Back