• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cat adoption problem!!

BwfcAngel

Mama Doe
Hiya

A fella i work with is going working in Oz after christmas and knows i am mad about my pets! He has asked if i'll rtake on his three year old cat. I like cats but am obviously worried about more insurance, more vets bills etc. Also, and infinately more important, how ill they get on with my six bunnies? How do you go about introducing them? Would a trial work?

Can i have some advice please from people with cats and rabbits?

Thanks

Lisa x

My cat avoids our buns, she is scared of them apart from Willow the house bun. They play chase round the living room most nghts. Just introduce them gradually.

In terms of vets costs I paid £37 pounds for vaccs this year and get wormer and flea treatment online cause it's cheaper. Last year I managed to get a good introductory pet insurance deal with Tesco and paid £2.49 a month. This year It has gone up tho.

I already had two rabbits when I adopted a cat from a friend of a friend who paid for the insurance and the vaccs etc for a full year as she wanted to make sure her cat went to a good home. Maybe it's worth suggesting as I personnally don't think its unreasonable if they are a serious about making sure the cat gets a good loving home.
My cat keeps out of the way of the rabbits, its the rabbits that want to play with him. My cat was 3 years when we got him.
Hope this helps

Back