• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Quick question

jane28

Alpha Buck
Havent been on for a while!

Is it poss to bnd a spayed female with another female (not spayed i am guessing)... Or is it like bonding two boys and not recommended?

Asking because we need to get a bunny a home and i have been asked this question from a possible owner...

It can be done, but ideally both should be spayed because they can be territorial. Could you get her spayed asap and then when she is healed and better, then try?

I guess it depends on the bunnies. I had 2 unrelated unneutered females living together ok, but getting them both spayed would increase the chances of success :)

It can be done, but ideally both should be spayed because they can be territorial. Could you get her spayed asap and then when she is healed and better, then try?

Its not my rabbit. I've been told about her and myself and another person are trying to ge her out of her current situation. SHe is a dutch female in Cambridge living in a 3ft hutch with a small run.. the owners daughter got borde after a few weeks and they are moving away apparently.:roll:

If anyone could take her the owner is asking for money but the state of the hutch and the fact he hasnt had anyone come forward makes me think an offer of a home for him just to "get rid" of her would be taken...

Yeh, I did understand she wasn't your currently, I just meant if you were to get her then get her spayed asap, that's all :) I hope you can do something goof for this bun.

x

Unfortunately Sky i cant take in another rabbit at the moment or she would be coming here:(... Someone is interested though...

I had 2 female uneutered buns from a rescue who were clearly bonded-sisters(later spayed)who were inseperable:). My daughter bunlover also once had 2 unrelated females who were bonded:)-so it is possible.
Though I have also had a pair of females in the past that I had to keep separately :(as they did not bond, and presently have a pair of females who bonded:) then became unbonded :(after I sent only:(one Sooty,to be spayed( Chelsea already spayed), and now live separately.
I would suggest you send BOTH bunnies to the vets together once you have bonded them for the new bunny to be spayed, or else spay the new bunny many weeks before introducing to the existing bunny.-Sue:wave:

Back