• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Happy Hutch - Litter Tray

fluffiebunnie

Warren Veteran
Anyone with a Happy Hutch 6 x 2 x 2?

What do you use for a litter tray? I use a normal rectagle cat litter tray but in the HH the wood batons inside stop you getting the tray right in the corner? Also the litter tray is in the bed area :roll: and so there is lots of space around the litter tray that is also being pooped and weed on :roll:

Do you have a bigger container you use and if so where do you get it from? Ideally I would like a tray that virtually fills the bedroom area.

Any suggestions welcome!

i have the indoor 6x2x2 happy hutch for lily and she has a large*ish* cat litter tray along the end of the one wall on the outside part of the hutch, it seems to fit ok tbh and she has lots of room left for her toys and such :)

My new hutch is very similar to the happy hutch, although the 'bedroom' divider comes out for cleaning. I'm using the bottom part of one of those covered litter trays in the 'bed' area - even with the top removed the tray part is still bigger than most litter trays, and the high sides mean that my little monsters can't wee and poo over the edge (which for some reason Frankie loved doing!!)

I have three of these hutches and although my buns don't use the bedroom area as a toilet I do use underbed storage boxes in there filled with hay as a cosy bed. I found that Tesco have underbed storage boxes that fill the bedroom width ways but don't come all the way to the front of the hutch so there is room for bun to walk into the bedroom area then jump into the storage box. Does that make sense? If not let me know and I'll get some photos.

Back