• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Should they go in the garage?

Bunny_mad

Alpha Buck
I have 2 buns that live in our spare room at the mo. They are not bonded but Bumble is neutured and Smudge is being done next week. In 8 weeks time I will attempt bonding. I know the weather is getting cold but I wondered if they could go out in the garage where they could have a pen and so much more room. I feel bad as they may not be getting as much room as they need.

I was going to put them out next spring when it gets warmer but I am not sure if it is too long to wait.

Any help would be great.

Last edited:
In 8 weeks time it is going to be rather cold.Have you got electricity in your garage so you could put a heater in?

In 8 weeks time it is going to be rather cold.Have you got electricity in your garage so you could put a heater in?

We do indeed and I could, my only concern is electrical fires. Could not bear the though of it happening. I won't do it if the advice is against it and I will wait to next spring. I want to do what is best x

You can get oil heaters that just radiate heat because the oil inside them heats up and there is no hot element like in an electric heater :)

Or you could box it in with trellis (spelling?) though bunnies would probably eat that lol

They have a hutch thet they will be in and I will extend that with a large run. In anyones personal opinion would they do it or would they wait until Spring. Be honest.

Yes it was the oil radiators i meant sorry.I had my piggies in garage last winter and used one:D

If your happy to put some form of heating on in the garage then yes i would happily put my bunnies in there but if your not hapy to put heating in there then i wouldn't put them in the garage as it will be far too cold after being in the house.

Back