• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Roll in the Welcome Wagon! :D

Banni Binky

Warren Scout
So before I introduce my little banni, I'll introduce me!

My name is Mel, I'm 18 and I live in Sydney, Australia. I'm a first-time bunny owner, and I've had my rabit since January of this year. I joined the forum because I'm having a few little difficultie with my bunny (none of which make me love him any less). I was hoping there was some people here who have overcome similar situations - but I will tell you of these problems in other threads =].
006-1.jpg

This is Tila, my lop-cross (not sure what with...) buck. I bought him when he was 16 weeks old, he is now a few weeks over a year old. He is vaccinated and neutered.
040-1.jpg
045-1.jpg

He is a hutch-bunny, he lives in the backyard with his best friend, the family's 10 year old fox terrier Shandy. At first we were nervous about putting him in the yard with her, as her breed is intended for hunting foxes and rabbits. In the December before I got Tila, Shandy's life-partner sadly passed away. She immediately saw Tila as her new companion, and she took him under her wing and doted on him from day one. Shandy sometimes even thinks she's a rabbit herself! Since getting Tila she has taken a liking to carrots. She also likes to climb into his hutch with him and steal his pellets or leftover veggies, he doesn't mind it a bit. If she could, Shandy would stay in the hutch with Tila all day! But that wold be animal cruelty, whether she enjoys it or not! :lol:
046-1.jpg
056-1.jpg

He also shares the yard (but not his hutch!) with Gingersnap, a 5 month old rosette guinea pig. We originally go her on a vet's advice as a companion to try and calm him down, but it only made him worse. He tried to kill her being territorial. But being the instant-lover I am of pets, I couldn't give her up even after only having her a day. So we bought her a hutch of her own. Tila and Gingersnap can be heard chatting to eachother now, Ginger talking in very excited, high-pitched squeals, and Tila replying in equally happy little grunts!
025-1.jpg

As well as Shandy and Gingersnap, Tila also has friends in our other family pets; 4 cats and another 2 dogs (a maltese and a tenterfield terrier). Two of the cats are scared of him, but the other two are happy to sit with him or play a little game of tag.

Tila has many favourite foods, of which he gets a bowl of every night along with his bowl of pellet mix. He loves banana, watermelon, pear, rockmelon, cucumber, mint and dill. When I give him these, he makes happy grunting noises at me! He also eats apple, carrot, kiwi fruit, peach, strawberry, grapes, pineapple, capsicum, parsley, corriander, basil, chinese broccoli, spinach, broccoli, corn and lots of other things I can't think of off the top of my head :). He doesn't like commercial treats, which is perfectly fine with me - not only does it save me money, but Ive found they contain large amounts of sugar and artificial colours or flavours, which can be harmful =X. As well as his pellets and veggies he gets as much clover and dandelions as he likes. He isn't a fan of grass but munches the clover and dandelions in an instant!

So thats a bit about my lil' fatty - any questions you have about him, feel free to ask!​

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw, I love how Tila and Shandy are together, that's so cute!

I'm glad you separated your guinea off, because a bun and a pig shouldn't ever live together for many reasons (diet, behaviour, even medical problems that rabbits can pass to guineas that can be fatal in guineas but not in buns).

I look forward to seeing you around and hope you get whatever help you need in terms of the questions you had about Tila.

Take care

Tracy

:wave:

Your pets are lovely

I'm not a big fan of piggies, but oh my, Gingersnap is adorable (I love his name lol) :D

Back