• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

baby albino

Hunniebunnie

New Kit
hi,my girl flower who is pure white mated wiv my boy peachy who is tri colour,grey white and apricot both wiv brown eyes...but flower gave birth to a baby albino bunnie 2wks old beautyfull,ive already got willow hes 2 and a albino bun...he was free to a good home..coz he was albino.All of flowers baby's are beautyfull colors and then there is this albino..im scared that the albino will get left behind?? as i know there arnt many albinos sold in pet shops as people dont view them as pretty as the normal bunnies...ive already got 7 and im thinking i will have to keep the baby albino....as i know the others will be snatched up in a second and i really dont want the baby being left in the pet shop for wks waiting for a new home!!.

Willow scans and takes his time to realize its me...and i have alot of time wiv him so he feels comfy and is part of my bunnie family unit so he never gets lonely??

do u think i shud try re-home little albino..or keep him?..im really worried.

hunnie
xx
:roll:

i think you shoould make sure where ever you rehome bunnys to is homechecked and that if you are breeding your buns they are not over bred from theri history is known (to stop illnesses) and that the accomodation at futrure homes is adequet for them. ideally after she ahs finished nursing the kits you could get her speyed and her partner neutered tehn they could be bonded and live together happily in the future adn it would prevernt uterine cancer. the kits can be rehomed after 8weeks and at 12 weeks should be seperated into sexes. dont give any rabbits away free to good homes always put a price on them as sometimes snake owners will take them for free food.. :( also if you got all your buns nueterd they could be a bonded goup too. are you neutering the babies before they go to new homes? hopefully you can give them all a fact sheet about rabbit care..the importance of hay neutering vaccinations large space to run...6x3ft hutch min etc etc... :) hope they all find good homes personally i would see if you can get him a nice home do if not then keep him. x

hi,i have 7 and my boys are done.....i had a baby peaches that was vet checked as being a girl...but sadly turned out to be a boy! hence flower and hunnies litters!,they are a bonded group and my girls have had litters b4 this was a mistake :shock:,..but it was a shock to descover a albino....flowers last litter were rehomed within 2days and ive met the owner of 2..but u can never really tell....any1 can buy a bunnie and feed it to there snake,its illegal in the uk but people still do it!..i have vetted peoples homes b4 to be given the rabbit bk as they cudnt look after it.....but the pet shop they go to its pamperred pets and there pretty good in there :).

I may just keep the little albino its very small hopefully a girl ill call her star.

as for peachy hes all booked in for the chop :)
thanx for ur reply
xx

could you not rehome the babies in pairs and put the little albino with a different coloured bun that way it may get a home:D

Back