• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Back from Rescue :) U/D more piccies, good news!

rabbitabby

Alpha Buck
Well, Polo and I are back from the rescue (which I've been volunteering at for the past month or so, right after we brought Derby home)

..............and Derby girl is not with us :cry: I'd taken Polo and Derby back into the rescue so that the gal helping me could monitor their behavior and she just didn't think it was going to work, due to Derby's aggressive/dominant behavior, and Polo being extremely dominant and intimidated/scared/constant alarm.

After a few hours of monitoring and viewing their behavior, we decided it would be best to not continue with the two as a pair.. :cry: I'm quite sad as I've gotten attached to her. I feel like maybe I could have done more or *something* but we talked some, and the gal from the rescue thought we might try a more submissive rabbit to go with Polo's extremely dominant behavior.. instead of getting A bunny, I got sent home with a PAIR of bunnies :shock: We gave them an initial meeting to see if it would work, and Polo was transformed into a much gentler rabbit, much like his old self.. he is still a bit "bossy" but I haven't seen him so relaxed since we brought Derby home..

They're 2 lovely dutch mix girls, and so far they've been doing great, and they don't mind each other through the bars of the cage, much unlike our previous weeks with Derby.. we'll start a long bonding session tonight if all goes well, I'm just giving them a bit to relax.

Last edited:
I'll have some up as soon as I can find the camera... :shock:

They're such funny little buns, they've been with the shelter over a year, and I've got them in a decent sized run/pen and they're just binkying about. The room is just a whirl wind of black and white not to mention :lol:

Thanks bunny babe!

Here are piccies of the dutch mixes that came from the rescue today in attempt to bond with Polo, we are trying the opposite side of the spectrum with personalities and these two girls are very laid back and submissive.. He occasionally acts like a bully though :roll:

We're here in the bathroom now, so far no biting or scuffling, mainly Polo being a bully when he feels like it, otherwise just laying about..

-14.jpg

The terrors together..

-2.jpg

The more laid back of the two..

-21.jpg

Ths girl always appears attentive and wide eyed..

OOOOH I just HAD to add.. Polo just scooted even closer to the first pictured bun (i'll really have to figure out names for these, they had an assortment at the rescue of Sugar and Spice and Honey and Cupcake and etc..) and Polo has made a tooth grining as if he's comfy! (or at least I hope!)

UD!! She's just licked the inside of his ear!!!

Last edited:
Wow they are amazing bunnies. I'm sorry it never worked out with Derby, but at least now you have been able to help 2 bunnies instead of one :D

I look forward to lots more piccys :lol:

just goes to show the right bun personality makes a diff yay you ended up with extra bunnys lol(well done that sneaky rescue ;):lol:) ha ha i hope we will see plent ymore pics of a happy trio in the future x

They are gorgeous! They look like vienna marked bunnies to me though, which can cause them to look like dutch but aren't. They make a very beautiful trio that's for sure :D I truly hope it works. It must have been hard to let go of Derby, but she can be happier with a different bun, same as Polo can be. I hope it works :D

Thanks for all your lovely words and encouragement with the situation.. it is still quite hard to see Derby gone but these two little cuties make it a little easier..

We're still up and at 'em, Polo is such a bossy little tyrant, I think I should rename him to Tyrant :lol:

He's taken over the litter box just now and I'm not sure if I should take him out, he's munching on some hay so I figured I'd leave him be for now.. the two little ones (I really need to work on some names, but I'm afraid to get too attached to them if this doesn't work out either.. :cry:) are just bouncing around the room and keeping each other company.. its funny how they mirror each other's movements, always going the opposite direction.. The more quiet of the two, the little white eared girl, is always closer to Polo, she always wedges next to the litter box when he's in it.. :love:

Late last night, the all black eared (the dominant of the two) gave Polo's ear and rump a few licks :love:

Keep your fingers crossed!

Thanks Tinsel :wave:

We had another good moment just now, the little white eared girl gave his ear a good proper 30 second grooming :love: Then she curled next to him.. to my surprise, he gave her a lick on the cheek, and then he coiled to bite her :shock: He's such a butthead! Any insight on this behavior?

Oh, and here's a piccie just 20 seconds or so before he decided to bite at her face :roll:

-22.jpg

Last edited:
Sounds to me like he did a nice thing but wanted to remind them/her that he was boss.

That does make good sense! Thank you!

Here's another picture I just had to share.. The girls are such a cute duo I melt everytime I look at them, who wouldn't? :love:

-23.jpg

I think the three of them were meant to be...sounds so different from the experience you had with Darcy. They look really relaxed around each other..such gorgeous markings they all have too... :love::love:

I think the three of them were meant to be...sounds so different from the experience you had with Darcy. They look really relaxed around each other..such gorgeous markings they all have too... :love::love:

I REALLY hope so, Tinsel! I've got to admit I'm falling for these little girls quite fast :lol: I really need to think on names today, perhaps I should just stick to crossing my fingers though..

Another cute picture from today, Polo is just starting to seem more relaxed, he's undecided to kicking his legs back, LOL, little froggy bunny..

-24.jpg

Back