• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Porridge Oats for buns - how to serve?

~ Cat ~

Wise Old Thumper
Hi folks.

I have been told to add a few porridge oats to Lola's diet - especially if ehr poo is a bit sticky.

Can anyone tell me how to make it up or serve it?

If it has been posted already a link would be fine - I know I must be getting on folks nerves with all the questions.

Your help is really appreciated - thank you!

I think some boiling water on them, then let them cool.... dont feed dry as they swell up inside bunny tummies...

I just had a big bowl of porridge for breakfast :lol:

I feed mine dry, and know many people who do. We've not had problems with doing it that way, and I've been doing it for a couple of years. Mine wolf them down. As with any new food, introduce it gradually, so just a tiny bit to start and increase. Also make sure the oats are not flavoured with anything, just plain old rolled oats :)

I only use a teaspoon of oats as it makes them put on weight quickly. I pour a bit of boiling water over them and leave to cool a bit. Need to put the water on otherwise they can swell in the tummy !

porridge oats and hot water allow to cool so doesnt burn buns tum and put on a saucer onr let them lick off a spoon.the worry with dry oats is they canexpand inside the bun giving severe tummy ache. oh and be aware they put on wieght quickly with this. if her poos are sticky i would try feeding more hay. x

Thank you!

Have tried it and she turned her nose up at it so its more hay and less pellets!

Back