• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Destiny?

drboo

Mama Doe
Does anyone feel like their rabbits were "destiny"? There are so many gorgeous bunnies on RIN, but how do people end up with their particular bunnies? For me, I believe all 4 of mine were meant to be. I had thought about getting a bunny for ages, and then one found me :D Jack was found in a terrible state wandering the streets. He had to be shaved. Once he had recovered, I decided to look for a girly bun. Sooz happened to be advertising a lonely long-haired girl who had gone abit bald from stress - it was such a similar situation to my baldy bun Jack, it was meant to be. About a week later, Jack and Taz were in love and home with me :D. I fell in love with Libby the moment I saw her on RIN, and my heart broke at her story. I didn't even see the bit about her being abit lungy and hutch territorial. I just knew that I would love her. I had seen Fiver for months in a petshop, and my heart went out to the poor bunny, just lying in his tiny cage. He was surrounded by lovely buns, but he was the one who I couldn't stop thinking about. When my hubby caved at my constant worrying, I knew he was meant to be mine.

Yeah I do feel like I was ment to have all of mine. They all mean so much to me but then again I think any bun that became mine would:lol:.

I feel mine has been destiny because I never have known such a connection with an animal and he came into my life unexpectedly right when I really needed it most. I can't even begin to explain how much my beautiful big boy means to me.

i think i just wanted a rabbit so i got one :oops:

Me too. :oops: I wanted a pet and wasn't allowed a cat or a dog by my landlord so I did HEAPS of research into having a bunny and then decided what kind of bun I wanted. Was starting to look into getting the bun and someone at work started advertising their frenchie x dwarf lop babbies. So I went to see them (when they were 4 weeks old) met the mum and dad and it was love at first nose rub. :love::love:
I still go with Blue picked me, they were all put on the floor and he ran over and started to prod me with his nose. So he was my bun! Couldn't wait for the next month to be up!

Me too. :oops: I wanted a pet and wasn't allowed a cat or a dog by my landlord so I did HEAPS of research into having a bunny and then decided what kind of bun I wanted. Was starting to look into getting the bun and someone at work started advertising their frenchie x dwarf lop babbies. So I went to see them (when they were 4 weeks old) met the mum and dad and it was love at first nose rub. :love::love:
I still go with Blue picked me, they were all put on the floor and he ran over and started to prod me with his nose. So he was my bun! Couldn't wait for the next month to be up!

ste picked alvin.. there was pics on the net and i wanted the white one with splogdes.. ste wanted the little black bunny and when we got there alvin scratched the hell out of me (at 8 weeks) i knew he was gonna be my little demon, i didnt even give the other one a second glance :lol::lol::lol:

i think i just wanted a rabbit so i got one :oops:

I didn't want a rabbit, but I got one anyway. :lol:

I do love him, though. I was only supposed to be looking after Frank while a new home was found, but I think it took half an hour or so to realize he'd found it with me.

Yep totally. I fell in love with Rhia one day & the next there was a huge fire in the building & she was one of the few survivors. Once I knew she was alive, I knew she was mine ;)

I was definitely meant to have most of mine, but some I collected along the way and it didn't feel like destiny. Badger, Sandy (in particular) and Candyfloss all felt like they were there especially for me. As did Flash.

I have always felt the ones that have come to us have come here for a reason. Even when we have taken in buns occassionally that we really didn't have the space for at the time, things have always had a strange way of working themselves out.

I have always truely believed that the bunnies that are here are meant to be here. So much so, that when there is a bunny needing a home now and I tell Steve about it he always askes " what is your gut feeling?". Sometimes it just feels right, it's hard to explain really :oops:

Destiny is a funny thing, it always seems to deal me a bit of a raw hand with rabbits. Most don't stay long and break my heart when they leave but I like to think they found their home with me for that reason, just to have someone to look after them 'til the bitter end.

or maybe I just like to be needed too much :oops:

Back