• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Ear mites?

Scrufox86

Warren Scout
Hi we took 3 of our rabbits to the vets today for thier myxi jabs and the vet found in my sisters rabbit ear wax which only happens when there are mites. She checked the other two and said they didn't have it as bad but they should all be treated. Instead of the myxi jabs they now have to go back for another 2 injections (the one who was least affected only needs one more) before they can have thier myxi jab. I'm concerned as we have another 6 rabbits and i cannot afford to pay out for 3 trips for each of them as well if they have it too. We did check in thier ears when we got home to see if we could see anything and i didn't see anything wrong (not 100% there isn't though). We have some ear drops to give them twice daily and hopefully it'll work.

They have never had this before and i am not sure what to do about preventing it in future. Can anyone tell me anything i can do or is it one of those things no matter what you do you can't prevent it at all?

Back