• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sore hocks...?! Rex?

Sparkle x

Wise Old Thumper

I have recently moved my French lop to my playhouse with her partner as she was suffering with sore, matted feet.

And i moved the four from the playhouse out to the hutch/run combo which is on concrete...

I think Bella is a Rex...correct me if im wrong...:oops::oops:

She really doesnt have much hair on her legs or base of her feet....

Photo-0254.jpg

I thought she was but..........im rubbish on Breeds...

Should i consider moving her and mates to another type of accomodation, i dont want more sore feet.....

xx

Okay all the other rexes i see, are HUGGGE.

Is my Bella something different like a mini one?

As she is tiny really...

xx

I thought I was going mad (OK 'maddER'....:roll:) as I just replied to this post on another thread :? :?

Then I realised there are 2 'Sore Hocks' threads !! :oops: :lol:

As I said in the other thread, Bella's coat looks too long for a Rex to me.......................:?
Particularly under her tummy :?

Some non-Rexes can still be troubled by sore hocks too.

I thought I was going mad (OK 'maddER'....:roll:) as I just replied to this post on another thread :? :?

Then I realised there are 2 'Sore Hocks' threads !! :oops: :lol:

As I said in the other thread, Bella's coat looks too long for a Rex to me.......................:?
Particularly under her tummy :?

Some non-Rexes can still be troubled by sore hocks too.

Yes it was the hair i could see underneath which made me think she isnt

My rex had fine hocks - but my English Spot, Joey, sometimes gets them. You could put rubber equine matting down in the run - it's easy to clean & as long as the corners are stuck down well, bun shouldn't be able to chew:D

Back