• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits talking?

Phoebesmummy9

Warren Veteran
Does anybodys elses rabbits "talk" Piper has been making really funny noises when I talk 2 her, like a babbling and sqeeking sound! :shock: does anybody elses bunnys do this? she also does it when Phoebes grooming her. its so funny but is it normal?

doc clicks his teeth all the time i feel like hes doing morse code :lol:
the bonding bun i had over the weekend did the odd little happy squeak too

Its really strange, she makes the same noises when phoebe cleans or when i start talking to her - its as if shes talking back, I asked her if she was talking swaheeli and she binkyed across her cage :lol:

piper gets a bit upset if you pick her up when she dosent want picked up or if she wants put down when shes had 2 much of a fuss, Maybe she does it cos shes happy? Poor Alyssa :lol: Miss Grumpy Pants!

Squidgy growls (yes, growls!) squeaks, grunts. It's very easy to tell how he's feeling and it's usually grumpy!!!!

I have a couple of vocal bunnies that talk to me about anything and everything, lol, from excitement to fear. Some bunnies are just vocal really.

when i first got snowy and dora they had been kept in with monkeys but as they didnt get on :(:roll:) they were rehomed... but they used to make all kinds of noises i assumed has been picked up from the monkeys.. dora is no longer vocal except to growl if not happy and arthur clicks his teeth when he really content.

doc clicks his teeth all the time i feel like hes doing morse code :lol:
the bonding bun i had over the weekend did the odd little happy squeak too

One of my rabbits clicks his teeth, he'll periscope and look at me. Its like he's trying to tell me something, probably "get me some food, woman":roll:

My rabbit clicks his teeth all the time and looks very happy when he does it & he also does it before and after happy flop overs.
The wild rabbits in Mexico are supposed to be very vocal making all kinds of sounds all the time, so I guess its natural for some bunnys.

Back