• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Double Dosage of VHD!!!

LionheadLuver

Warren Veteran
Hiya

The silly vet!! The girls had had their VHD vaccine two weeks ago, and there was a mix-up, and the vet gave them the VHD one again. He said it won't harm them, but it means I have to go in another two weeks, so they can have their myxi vacc. :roll:

Thats Bloo:censored:Disgraceful.I think you need to make a complaint if that was a weak rabbit they could have died

:| I hope they do ok with it, and I also hope you didn't pay for it and if any treatment is needed due to this the vet will cover that. Your poor buns :(

i would be worried if it was me. ithought they could only have it once within a year and 2 so close together is not a good idea.? ...speak to someone more expierianced though. hopefully they will be ok. personally i would watch them like a hawk to check they are ok.

Jeez :shock:

I would ask which VHD Vac was given (CYLAP or LAPINJECT)
Then I would contact the relevant manufacturer yourself. There's no way I'd trust that Vet to tell me if there might be a problem.

I think I might make a formal complaint to the Veterinary Practice too and copy the letter to the RCVS.

What a :censored: muppet :evil:

:shock: Thats appauling!! I hope you didnt have to pay!?!? I agree with Jane, id make complaints, just hope the buns are going to be ok xXx

Gosh!!! :shock:

I'm not paying for next one, and I wouldn't even if they asked me too. But I totally trust my vet, and the girls are fit and healthy, so I hope they'll be fine. Just the receptionist got mixed up. If they thought they would have a problem with the extra dosage, they would definitely tell them, they are not ones to hold back if there's a problem, and they fully except responsibility. I did gasp when he said he'd given them the extra one, and he said, no, no, it's fine.

It was just a silly mixup, if they were old, weak, ill, etc, and it would harm them, then yes, i would make a complaint, but not with this.

Thats terrible! They should be much more careful about giving any kind of meds, didn't they check their vacc cards?

What if they do it again to a weaker bun :shock:

Gosh!!! :shock:

I'm not paying for next one, and I wouldn't even if they asked me too. But I totally trust my vet, and the girls are fit and healthy, so I hope they'll be fine. Just the receptionist got mixed up. If they thought they would have a problem with the extra dosage, they would definitely tell them, they are not ones to hold back if there's a problem, and they fully except responsibility. I did gasp when he said he'd given them the extra one, and he said, no, no, it's fine.

It was just a silly mixup, if they were old, weak, ill, etc, and it would harm them, then yes, i would make a complaint, but not with this.

Im sorry but vets wont tell you if there Is a problem as they dont want their arses sued.Its not the receptionestd fault its the vets fault for not reading his computer screen and If your bunnies did die they would make up a very plausable excuse.This is a case of grose miscanduct

Im sorry but vets wont tell you if there Is a problem as they dont want their arses sued.Its not the receptionestd fault its the vets fault for not reading his computer screen and If your bunnies did die they would make up a very plausable excuse.This is a case of grose miscanduct

We have been with our vets for 25 years, and in all those years, they have been 100% honest. They are not some cheap, backyard vets, they are our dear friends, and if they even thought they had hurt one of our pets on purpose, they WOULD tell us and do everything possible to help us.

He only checked the vacc cards AFTER he did the vacc to put the info in.

Can I ask on here about what does happen if they have it more regularly than once a year? The possibile problems?

This is not related directly to this thread, more thinking that rescue rabbits can potentially have it more regularly than yearly (if they have it, then escape and then have it at the rescue centre, for example).

So what happens? Problems?

I would still be very annoyed by them being so flippant about it..no matter how well I knew the vets I would put in a complaint, just so they look at their procedures and don't make the same mistake again!

dont they have it computerised where the vet themselves enters all the relevant information? did the vet not even look at the vaccs card to see what is due :shock::shock::shock:

id never let my vet get away with blaming a receptionist for his mistake :evil:

God!!! Ok, the receptionist put them in for the VHD vacc, cos they usually do the Myxi and the VHD in that order, but the previous vet had done the VHD first (can't remember why), (so partly her fault too), and the vet just followed the instructions that they were booked in for. So hardly the vets fault at all!!!

God!!! Ok, the receptionist put them in for the VHD vacc, cos they usually do the Myxi and the VHD in that order, but the previous vet had done the VHD first (can't remember why), (so partly her fault too), and the vet just followed the instructions that they were booked in for. So hardly the vets fault at all!!!

:lol::lol::lol: you tell yourself that if it makes you feel better... id change vets myself :roll:

God!!! I just put it on here for just a light-hearted chat about how silly it is, and you all have got me either worried or angry or fed up at different posts.

I'm NOT going to make a complaint
I'm NOT going to change vets

We have been with our vets for 25 years, and in all those years, they have been 100% honest. They are not some cheap, backyard vets, they are our dear friends, and if they even thought they had hurt one of our pets on purpose, they WOULD tell us and do everything possible to help us.

It doesn't matter, he should check thier records before administring meds. It is DISGUSTING and I would advise them as it is negligence on thier part.

God!!! I just put it on here for just a light-hearted chat about how silly it is, and you all have got me either worried or angry or fed up at different posts.

How on earth can this be light hearted? its like administering two TB jabs within weeks... its not good.

im sorry, its not your fault but its awful.

I apologise.I through personal experience have had buns die from a vets negligence.Sorry if i caused you any upset I didnt mean to

oh sorry my mistake... yes its highly amusing that the vet gave the wrong vaccine... :lol::lol::lol::lol:

silly me for not seeing the humour in the situation :oops::oops::oops:

Back