• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Desperately wanting opinions please!

Becki xX

Warren Veteran
PLEASE folks, I need opinions & as many as you can throw at me!! Rhia has just been out in the garden, and this is how she is now. As much as I tried, I couldnt get the video to pick up on her breathing, it is like a dog panting hard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0uO6KwGNWI

Is this

A. Just a tired bunny, normal in some bunnies but I just havent experienced it before?

B. Permanent damage, but as her lungs are perfect..Permanent damage of what?

C. Something else that needs investigating?

I can only speak from my experience, and maybe what you've seen is different to what I see on the video, but Bella quite often does that when she's had a mad dashing about exercise time round the house. She'll come on the bed and collapse with her legs behind her, and her head nods up and down with her breathing, and her body moves with the breathing. I've wondered once or twice if she was OK, but assumed that because she's been active, she's tired. She then gets up and goes off and tucks into her hay perfectly normal.

Is Rhia OK in herself?

Lola does this when she is really relaxed, or after she ahs had a huge binky session. I have worried about ehr but then she gets up and has an even bigger binky session and I know she is OK x x

hi one of mine often breathes heavy..mainly after a sprint around the cage or if shes hot then she will pant fast..

Rhia may be different i dont know. But when Oscar and Jasmine came into Living room yesterday Oscar was really heavy with his breathing.

I asked exact same question to my OH who said its just cos hes been running around.........

xx

I nearly posted an exact same message yesterday!
At the mo Gwen has a really poor run (its way too small and apex but were sorting it) so yesterday as it was so sunny I managed to cobble together a fence arrangment that gave her the run of our 10ft x 10ft patio she went crazy running around and periscope never seen her like this, which of course made me feel guilty that she hasnt had this space already then she stretched out and started breathing just like your bun I thought she was having a heart attack but seems she was just knackered!!! It did look very concerning though!!

:wave: Hi, Poppy often does this when relaxing or after racing around the garden.By the way Rhia is really lovely.:D

I'm so glad Im just being paranoid :lol:, I did wonder if I was worrying unduly after all the problems shes had with her lungs. Phewwwwwww :oops:

Faline is a heavy breather if she's got a bit overactive, or something similar. I've asked several vets about it but they look at me like I'm nuts. I can hear her breathing too and can't with the others.

Shes fine now Leanne, Thanks for asking :D She never did it before being poorly so thats just whats made me :? X

Back