• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bonding

debbie_7155

Warren Scout
Hi sorry i havnt been around for a while..been looking after my mum, but thats another story..:)

I have been very slowlyyyyyyy introducing my rabbits together.. ok white one thumper male about 6 ish yrs old../ shadow, female 9 months old..both got neuted/spade about 3 months ago

both got introduced from about that time..in 2 pens side by side..nearly everyday through what summer we did have..then introduced them on the setee..took shadow away all she wanted to do was hump him & he just wanted to run from her..lol..normally the woman runs right? :lol:

sooo..i would just hold shadow to his cage & let them sniff each other..total waste of time again he just put his nose up in the air & turned his back on her :(

sooo then we tried putting her with him..fastest ive ever seen thumper move in his life :lol:..she runs after him for nookies..he runs away...
there has been NO fighting snarling agressiveness..just him thumping his feet now & again..then i can go back outside & shes eating the grass & hes asleep upstairs (typical male):lol:
then i put her back in her house & start all over again after a couple of days..

will they ever be able to live together?
im concerned for when winter comes thumper whos blind in one eye now might need that extra bit of warmth?..
i cant put him in the garage like i did last year as weve added onto his hutch & its too big to move & i would love for them to live together

ok firstly rabbits have to hump each other to decide who is dominant if you stop them doing that then no one gets to be boss and a fight will ensue. so humping fur pulling chasing thumping is all normal bonding and expected. only lock on fights need seperating otherwise leave tehm too it and jsut watch else every time you seperate tehm you are making tehm start from new x

awww ty for that..i wasnt sure if i was doing the right or wrong thing by taking her back out & putting her in her house..

like today they've been together for like 4 hours & apart from some chasing by her & i did noticed she had a very small amout of his fur in her mouth & him stomping his feet once like every 10 mins or so

so should i just leave them together now? unless like you said if fighting does occur

Back