• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Expensive quote for indoor housing!

abbymarysmokey

Wise Old Thumper
Just received a quote for a block of 4 indoor hutches at 6 x 3ft each....£560!!!! :shock: OMG...I can't afford that :cry:

Having looked at the prices of their other hutches, I was thinking it'd be about £400. I know I wanted a bespoke size, but surely they can't justify that!!!

why not rather than have an indoor hutch bug a dog crate and attatch apen or use nic cubes to create something?
i use the 6x4 area under stairs as stich's base and he has he run of the house the rest of the time?

They had puppy pens last winter, but our garage got broken into and it's purely good luck that the rabbits weren't killed by a fox. This year I'm totally paranoid and want them to be extra secure :(

Jeez, that's a helluva price! There must be someone who will do it for less than that. :shock:

I need something bigger than a Thistle Hall because it's for my pairs over winter and they won't get out in a run during the week unless I'm off work. :(

Ideally I want 6ftx3ft (or even 8ftx2ft) indoor hutches with no separate sleeping area.

Do you have anyone handy at diy. My hubby is converting my hutches from four fts to eight fts. He built them anyway ut it may work out cheaper if you know someone handy with power tools

No unfortunately not....wish I did! :lol:

My Dad says he hasn't got time, and my cousin who trained as a joiner has carpel tunnel in his wrists and I'd feel bad asking him to do it :(

if they arent getting out into a run even, durin the winter then 6x3 might be too small. could you get a run to attatch to it? as a hutch s more of a base really they need a minimum 3 hours outside that... would you attatch a run to it?
edited jsut read your post again not they wont get a run ever... just not if you are working. stil would be good if you could attatch an area for them to go into to a large hutch too?

Last edited:
Hi Amy,

One of my friends is a joiner. I have no idea if he has ever done rabbit hutches but I can ask him and get an aprox quote if you like :D

How are my two beautiful bunnies doing today? I ordered their hutch today.

Definitely give John at Dawson a call, his hutches are fantastic, we have them here for the boarders a block of 3 , 6x2x2's but he will make to any size and as Tracey says he delivers in person too. We paid £270 plus £30 for delivery for our block and they are rock solid and much better than the 6x3's we had made elsewhere.

if they arent getting out into a run even, durin the winter then 6x3 might be too small. could you get a run to attatch to it? as a hutch s more of a base really they need a minimum 3 hours outside that... would you attatch a run to it?
edited jsut read your post again not they wont get a run ever... just not if you are working. stil would be good if you could attatch an area for them to go into to a large hutch too?

How big do you think my garage is??????????? :shock:

Leaving some of my rabbits outside in winter, even during the day whilst I'm at work, is not an option...they just wouldn't survive the winter :(

Amy I'll ask if our chaps will deliver to Notts..it's unlikely as think they said no before.. but I'll try begging!:lol:

I'm glad I didn't go ahead with the order for 6ft x 3ft indoor hutches now, because I wouldn't be able to get them through my garage doors. The doors won't open any more!

I suppose it was a lucky escape...can you imagine the embarrassment if they'd been delivered and wouldn't fit in the garage? :shock:

......so anybody know where I can get some 8ft-ish x 2ft indoor hutches :)

Back