• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

sister in law work college bun just had babies

Ted an Petal

Warren Veteran
my sister in law at the weekend ask me did i want another rabbit as her work college's rabbit just gave birth to babies, don't know what to do, i said it depended on the breed of them. gonna her a text and find more info. i hope she bought the rabbit like that. :evil:

Maybe you could go round and help educate her and help her in some way? maybe with sexing and stuff? then hopefully another litter can be prevented if it was accidental, and if it was deliberate hopefully you can talk her out of another litter.

my sister in law at the weekend ask me did i want another rabbit as her work college's rabbit just gave birth to babies, don't know what to do, i said it depended on the breed of them. gonna her a text and find more info. i hope she bought the rabbit like that. :evil:

i would also suggest speyeing as well as the non baby facts the risk of uterine cancer should be poninted out tell her about the babies neeeding o stay with mum for 8 weeks and how at 12 weeks they need seperating into sexes to avoid future litters. hope that helps. it may jsut be an honest acccident i hope so and i hope that if she was with a male that the male can be deplummed to and they can live happily rebonded as a bonded pair in the future. oh tell her about males being fertile up to 8weeks after their neuter too so that she is aware not to put in with female till speyed. x

yeah i sent her a mess there and some questions to ask the girl. actually thats a good idea about going round to sex them and all for her if the woman is worried. hopefully it's a case of "accidental" pregnancy. i'll let you know when she texts back. could be waiting a while like.

well she won't see the girl till wednesday so i said to tell i could come round and sex them for her when their 8 weeks old. so will see on wednesday what the story is.

well found out what breed these buns are, they nethies white ones apparently, don't know how she figures that when they only a week old. will be down on sunday to speak to sis in law as to whether the girl is breeding them or what? before i'd even consider need to take them on need to make sure their not inbreed plus don't much bout nethies either.

Back