• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

territorial bunny!

picksmum

Warren Scout
My Rabbits are housed in my un used garage, picks who is my older bunny, is let out daily to roam the garden, however he prefers to roam the garage, trouble is i think he has decided that the whole garage is his hutch and has become very territorial :shock:
chasing me with his goofs out ready to attack! he also makes a grunting noise :roll:
He actually bit my shin yesterday, it is funny, but it comes to something when i cant get to my freezers LOL :shock:

He does not like me cleaning his hutch out even when he is not in it, he charges at me :shock:
yet once in your arms, butter wouldnt melt :roll:
he is actually my daughters rabbit, she can do anything, she can put half her body in his hutch even when he is in it :shock::shock::shock:

How can i show him im boss:lol: even though im not!

hello, yes he is neutered, thats what i find strange.
I thought it might be because im the horrible person that cleans and clips his bottom, nails ect.
Mind you he chases my sons too :lol:

well rabbits show domiance by mounting one another so you could place you hand on his back and lightly hold him down till he calms down. you could also try spraying him with water every time he lunges at you.

When you go in his area, how do you feel?

if i attempt to put my hand in his hutch whilst he is in it, im very hesitant, he is at his most naughtiest when he is in the hutch or my garage where his home is housed. :shock:
Once he is in our arms i can do anything with him, im confident to pick him up or take him from my daughters arms, its just when he is in that specific area of our home.

well rabbits show domiance by mounting one another so you could place you hand on his back and lightly hold him down till he calms down. you could also try spraying him with water every time he lunges at you.

He actually caught my shin on sunday morning, while i was attempting to clean his house out, he didnt bite me as such he seemed to bang me with his teeth, left a bruise though, course this has made me more weary of him, my friends find it hilarious that im scared of a little bunny :shock::D
I have nicknamed him norman bates :shock:

I will try the water spray, i have tried stamping my feet at him which my vet advised, he just goes in for the chase more :shock:

if i attempt to put my hand in his hutch whilst he is in it, im very hesitant, he is at his most naughtiest when he is in the hutch or my garage where his home is housed. :shock:
Once he is in our arms i can do anything with him, im confident to pick him up or take him from my daughters arms, its just when he is in that specific area of our home.

He may well pick up on that hesitancy and the anxiety you feel, then think 'eep there is something to be anxious about, I better protect myself' and voila, he gets aggressive. Maybe you could try being calm, not being hesistant, just watching him as his body language and being aware of what he is doing. I have a fairly vicious bun and his is through anxiety (he is naturally anxious) and when I stopped worrying about him he started being nicer, and now he has only bitten me once in the year since he was neutered, so that worked for us. Maybe worth a try?

I have tried the hand on bottom bit, he runs off when i do that, is he admitting defeat? :shock: or just thinking im a silly moo :lol:

I have also been walking into the garage and ignoring him (although im pooping myself:shock:)

he still comes over to me and i stand and pretend i am doing something else, he tends to hop away from me!

does it sound like i am winning?

Im still not allowed in his hutch though :shock:

Back