• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Milly:vibes please

capel

Warren Veteran
:( I just can't believe this, after Friday's great outcome at the vet, this morning it looks as though she is developing another abcess:cry:. Same foot, but around the base of her nail. I phoned for an appointment this morning but have opted for an evening appointemnt at I want her to be seen by the rabbit savvy vet who saw her on Friday.. I'm devastated, as I just don't know how this is happening. We are being so careful about ensuring optimum hygiene in her crate and also while we are doing the dressings.

Awwww Hilda :(

I hope this is something that can be dealt with easily. Thinking of you and sending vibes xxx

Last edited:
Poor Milly, I hate dealing with Abscesses

I hope the vet can help her this evening. I will be thinking of you both

Oh Hilda!, what a shame for Milly, hope you are OK, sending you loads of vibes xx

Hilda I am sorry :cry:

I do hope the Rabbit savvy Vet can help. I suspect the chronic infection is coming from inside her, not from her environment- a chronic Pasteurellosis maybe :?

Sending lots of vibes..............

I'm so sorry Hilda,this is exactally what happened to Maizey and Barlie.Its nothing you have done wrong the staph bacteria is in the blood and Is causing the abscesses.I would watch a new one appear every couple of days on Maizeys paw.
When honey and Willow got an abscess on each of their paws in the summer my vet decided surgical intervention made It worse.They were both put on a high dose of ceporex twice a day which cleared the abscesses up.
Please ask your vet what he thinks about changing Milly's antibiotics as she may have built up an immunity to the baytril.Good luck.
PS If your vet would like to speak to my vet just pm me and I will give you her number to pass on.

Aww poor Milly - she doesn't seem to be having much luck does she bless her. Big vibes and cuddles from me!

Back