• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Snow is such a scruff

rabswood

Wise Old Thumper
The gorgeous Mr Snow has such thick lush white fur but being a special needs bun (he's a REW) he has very poor eye sight and scans and is very if not totally deaf. The only thing he seems totally normal at is mating with any new ladies should he get the chance lol (he is however neutered).

The boy himself...

weddingdayrest.gif

Anyway... why is he such a scruff? Well. He likes sleeping in the litter tray and generally sitting in any poo that happen's to be around. He also although in good health produces more soft poos than he should so basically put all that together and he's always covered in poo. Goodness know's how he hasn't got fly strike, I'm always cutting poo off his bum and try to keep his bum fur short but it's so thick. His accomodation is cleaned everyday so as is all the other buns so flys aren't really attracted but I'm amazed one hasn't just landed on him and laid eggs. He lives with his wife Treacle and she is always lovely and clean. Poor little man.

Less SS helps as does less fruit and veg but the poor little guy needs more variety than just hay and he so loves his food.

Snow in his tray

Lopotel3jpg.jpg

Mansizelittertray.jpg

Rabswood

aww he looks like a white version of my scamp:). mmmmm, and scamp always has poo stuck to him,although he doesn't have front teeth so i suppose its a bit harder for him to groom.

Well. He likes sleeping in the litter tray and generally sitting in any poo that happen's to be around. He also although in good health produces more soft poos than he should so basically put all that together and he's always covered in poo.

He lives with his wife Treacle and she is always lovely and clean. Poor little man.

Rabswood

Poor little man? Poor little wife!

Aww he is lovely, he sounds just like my REW cashmere lop Paddy :love: He is so messy, I groom and trim him so he looks lovely then the next day he is as dirty as ever :shock:

Aww he is lovely, he sounds just like my REW cashmere lop Paddy :love: He is so messy, I groom and trim him so he looks lovely then the next day he is as dirty as ever :shock:

Glad it's not just Snow then. Bless him I'm sure it's because he's a bit 'slow'

The vet says when you are that cute it doesn't matter about being 'slow' lol

Rabs

Last edited:
he looks loverly if you are worried you oculd always rear gaurd him i do my buns rear gaurd is prescription only and if flys do lay maggots the rear gaur will kill the eggs and stop them hatching its a good preventative to keep them safe i only started using it after a bun who is similar to yours(now at bridge due to other illness later in life) died she was luckily saved by our vet but i do swear by rear gaurd especially in summer months x

he looks loverly if you are worried you oculd always rear gaurd him i do my buns rear gaurd is prescription only and if flys do lay maggots the rear gaur will kill the eggs and stop them hatching its a good preventative to keep them safe i only started using it after a bun who is similar to yours(now at bridge due to other illness later in life) died she was luckily saved by our vet but i do swear by rear gaurd especially in summer months x

I had completely forgotton about rear guard! Yes good idea I would feel happier knowing he is protected. I'll look on vetuk and see if they sell it or could get a prescription off my vet if she wil let me have on without seeing him.

Rabs

Love him to pieces the randy little man!:love:

Well he is also known as 'The Love Muffin' lol

Just checked VETUK and Rear Guard is £13 with a prescription so will check with vet as Dhilon has to go back for her VHD jab so will ask then.

Rabs

Back