• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

fear for my bunnies

mini lop1

Wise Old Thumper
whenever the weather is nice ive always let the buns out in our back garden in their playpen especially during summer, theyve always been safe, however the past few days ive been hearing a whistle throughout the day, and just heard it while i was in the bath (my bunnies don't go out this time of year as its always damp) so i looked through bathroom window and a few houses down they have some sort of bird of pray it looked huge they were flying it around the houses, how can i ever let my bunnies out now in future im petrified, the only me they will get out next year is at my nans when i can get them round as i cannot put them in my garden now knowing that :cry:

its only one of those netting covers which they've always been safe with and a fleece roun but i don't feel safe now knowing neighbours have that bird flying around, nansaid they'd have to just play at hers

i bought some wire in spring to make a new run but never got round to it, if i had a stonger lid id still be worried though :(

I suppose you could get a lid made of plastic or wood quite easily instead of the net. I have a run like the one shown in the link but mine is an 8 sided octogan one, and i put a trampoline cover over the top of my cover just to be safe

You could just talk to your neighbors maybe?Im sure that they would understand and they might get one of those string things that you tie to the bird.:!:

We have them in our area too, but my buns are in safe wire runs.
We have a problem with a magpie too. It's desperate to get at Nibbles. Saw it on the wire on the front of her hutch once trying to get at her. She was fine though. She had no problem with seeing it off.

Back