• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

new bun to the collection UD - Pic on Page 3 :)

MellyRabiit

Alpha Buck
got little harley today and he is absolutely gorgeous. I have never seen such a confident bunny. As soon as we got him he ran around the garden not scared at all. Giving ant lots of kisses he is so affectionate. As we speak he is running around like a loony. We're hoping to bond him with bugs but first impressions weren't great, her tail went straight up when she smelt his poo's then she nipped his nose through the hutch. Does anyone have any ideas how i can introduce them slowly once he settles in.

Last edited:
there is a not so great pic in my sig. Im on my mob at the moment. When i get on the pc tomorrow i will upload some of the little fella. He is the cleanest male ever.

When Daisy first met harry she used to nip his nose through the bars too, I also thought ooh eck!! But they are so close now. So good luck and im sure you will enjoy Harvey who sounds a little darling XX

fingers crossed as i dont want either of them to get hurt. She just took the fur of his nose. But he was going to stand his ground, paced back and forth until i got bugs out the way. He is so lovely. Seems so happy to be here alredy. Such a happy little bun

my Nala bit Fifi through the bars at first. I moved the pen apart further so they couldnt reach each other and when i put them all together Nala sat next to Fifi as if she was looking after her.. now fighting at all :D I swapped them over a few times before bonding so they got used to each others smells. So fifi went into the area simba and nala were used to being in and they went in fifi's area. Good luck.. he looks very pretty :D

thank you for your advice. Im really hoping it is going to work. He is such a gorgeous little bunny. He just isn't afraid of anything. I have never seen such a confident bun, all new surroundings and he is running like a loony.

i got him from eastbourne rabbit rescue from caroline, aka bunnyrun. He is adorable a right little character. Considering he was neutered three days ago he is so happy.

i got him from eastbourne rabbit rescue from caroline, aka bunnyrun. He is adorable a right little character. Considering he was neutered three days ago he is so happy.

Awww i got Jasmine from Caroline too!
Bless him, who you bonding him with?!

hopefully bugsy, if all goes to plan. Alf and lottie are now a bonded pair, they are lovely together. I also got alf from caroline.. Harley is now licking everything lol.

Oooh! Just recognised Alfie from the pic! He's the brother of my Albert the Shadow - look!

Picture554.jpg

What's his character like? Shadow is quite a leader but friendly (on his own terms!!) He's intelligent but can be stubborn :love:

o how sweet i remember seeing albert. Alfie is a very timid boy. Doesn't like to relax at all, is always on the go, unless in his hutch with lottie. He is really frightened of being picked up but still lets me. Bit of a ladies man too.

o how sweet i remember seeing albert. Alfie is a very timid boy. Doesn't like to relax at all, is always on the go, unless in his hutch with lottie. He is really frightened of being picked up but still lets me. Bit of a ladies man too.

Aw, bless! Albert isn't keen on being picked up but lets me herd him towards his hutch when he's been free-ranging, so that's a compromise (only works if Angel is in the hutch too..) As well as Angel, he's very friendly with my other girl bunster too - weird how their characters sound quite similar!

yer he is a little sweety. Very to himself though. He just likes to be left to it. Doesn't mind being stroked but think he would rather be left lol. He also changes colour. He has gone very dark now, whereas before he was very light. Its that winter coat lol

the problem with bonding slowly is that it can casue territory issues with the boundry being in place.i know you are wanting to dio it this way but i have always used the small neutral area idea as it seems to work and be less likely to cuase fights. i pm'd you but i realise you want to do the slow method so i think you need to constantly swop sides so get used to each tohers smells. and let them get used to each other. she may be putting her tail up remember as its her territory you have brought him to. swop hutches overnight and have hutches so that the rabbits can smell and see each other. give them time to get used to each toehr when you do decided to let them togethr in one area then i do think you should still neutralise it good luck x

Yer thanks I appreciate what your saying.
But I dont mean that im going to let them see each other without the bars in the way, then take them apart.

Bugsy is a very difficult rabbit and she needs a lot of time. It took her 2 months to like Alfie through the bars without attacking him, there was no way I could put them together.

She worked very well with him and eventually went out in the garden with him. There was no aggression because she had accepted him into her home. They were fun to be put back in their separate hutches then let out together the next day.

I would normally follow the bonding rules, but I know my rabbit bugs better than anyone and I know even in neutral territory what she is like and will rip him to shreds..

Many thanks for all of your advice though I do appreciate it :)

Yer thanks I appreciate what your saying.
But I dont mean that im going to let them see each other without the bars in the way, then take them apart.

Bugsy is a very difficult rabbit and she needs a lot of time. It took her 2 months to like Alfie through the bars without attacking him, there was no way I could put them together.

She worked very well with him and eventually went out in the garden with him. There was no aggression because she had accepted him into her home. They were fun to be put back in their separate hutches then let out together the next day.

I would normally follow the bonding rules, but I know my rabbit bugs better than anyone and I know even in neutral territory what she is like and will rip him to shreds..QUOTE]
yes of course you know your busn best. i wasnt implying you didnt im sure this method works well for her. hope that they get bonded soon. xx

Sorry my last post came across as really rude and I didnt mean it to.

I meant that unfortunately no one understand bugsy, she has had a rough time nad doesnt want to share her space. And I know traditional bonding wont work.

Im the only one who understand her best, as she is a difficult bun.

After lots of patience she liked alfie, but I already got lottie for him :(

I just hope she will give her love again...

Back