• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Headtilt website and support group

madaboutbuns

Young Bun
Hiya everyone a friend has asked me to post this to you all -

Any rabbit owner who has gone through the torture of headtilt with a beloved rabbit will know how distressing this dreadful condition is.

A new website and associated Yahoo group have been set up to give information and support to people dealing with this, with the intention of giving useful information to owners and helping them understand how best to deal with the symptoms.

Many vets (those who aren't rabbit savvy, and sadly that is still most of them!) don't realise that it is possible for rabbits to make a very good recovery, or at least very great improvements, and to go on to live a happy life. They will advise owners to have their pet pts as soon as symptoms are seen. Sometimes they may be right - the bunny may be beyond help, but very often they can be helped, a very great deal.

The owner of the site, Katy, has a rabbit who had a very serious bout of tilt 2 years ago. Lara has been left with a tilted head, but she was able to get over the rolling, the spinning, the other distressing symptoms, because of the support of people whose bunnies had already gone through this and also the support of a very, very rabbit savvy vet.

Katy has worked hard to gather together information to help out when others are in the position she once was in, and has now set up the site and the group to help others.

So, please visit http://www.OnTheWonk.com and if you feel you need help with a rabbit who has the condition, or can offer advice/support to others, the Yahoo group http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/OnTheWonk/

Ros

hi

Would you ask if its ok to add to our links page hoppybunnyrabbit.com
Gwen rescued 2 buns 1 had ear mites untreat now brain damaged and her head is so far over she now has friend with tilt head both gorgeous I just cried my eyes out poor babies all because they wouldnt treat ear mites :censored: I would do time for 1 min with the owners :censored:
Why should a bun be put down if they are 'hoppy' just because they look a little different, which sadly is what most vets recommend and feel they wont live a happy life but they do.

oo this website seem's very useful..hopefully i wont ever need to use it though :shock:

poor bunnies :( I thought only ratties got head tilt :(

the website is a fantastic idea and much needed. I have joined the forum and hope you all will too. the website really deserves our support and we may all need it oneday!

We had a little lop rabbit called Poppy a number of years ago that got head tilt, sadly back then we didn't have the internet at home and our vet couldn't save her :( we had to have her PTS and it was horrible :( (rip poppy)

This sites a really good idea, and I hope it'll save a lot of lives!

Back