• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Objecting to being groomed?

Lspacehopper

Wise Old Thumper
Has anyone ever heard of a rabbit letting out a scream of protest whilst being brushed (gently) with a soft slicker?

The rabbit was checked all over and reacted to no touching or prodding and as soon as it was put back down carried on its normal running round like a nutter and binkying???

not screamed but alvin has grunted (im sure he spat and hissed too but ive been told rabbits dont do that) :shock: oh and boxed the brush from my hand :roll:

I have had some squeal (but not scream) in protest for various things. Maybe your bun was just being a diva?

i would just not groom with a brush..or is it a long haired bunny? probly doesnt like the brush could you groom with a mitten or your hand?

i would just not groom with a brush..or is it a long haired bunny? probly doesnt like the brush could you groom with a mitten or your hand?

She's short haired, but quite thick and needed a groom. We only use soft slickas intended for small animals.

Once down she was as right as rain. I guess she must have just been lodging a complaint.....little miss !! :p

Back