• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Metal run (7ft) on special offer

That's interesting! I was looking at these the other day as we have a 6x4 run which used to have one bun in, but since the buns have been bonded I think they could use some extra space. How easy are they to fix together? and how sturdy/secure are they?
x

are these for busn or piggies? its hard to se how tall they are in the pics? s there plenty of room for the buns to stand up? thinking of purchessing one.

EIT : just seen the cloud pictures its a great size height wise perfect..

Last edited:
again another question on sturdyness???

It would be screwed onto concrete, but is it ok for them to be in all day whilst we are out?

xxx

I have always used mine on grass, and it is quite sturdy there. Each run is put together of three separate pieces. The two long sides are made of foldable panels. Then there is one piece for one of the short sides. And then the foldable lid, which forms the roof and the other short side. The pieces are held together by metal rods, that you have to push into the ground, and the roof is attached with several ......hmmm.....how do you explain that in English.......overlapping pieces of metal.
If you are not going to move the run much, then you can use cable ties and other strong things like wire to keept the pieces together. And you can do the same, if you want to use it on concrete. You can get those little shelters and attach them to one of the small doors on the sides, but I would rather put the shelter inside the run, unless I was watching the bunnies all day. I am not sure if the shelter could be pulled away by a fox or not.
The run is quite heavy, as it is made from metal, so I don't think a fox would be able to lift it. My bunnies don't dig, so I can use it on grass, but I don't put them in the run, when I am not around.
When I put two runs together, I usuall let the two roof pieces overlap in the middle, and then I can fold that bit open and put bigger cardboard boxes and tunnels etc. into the run, and also catch the bunnies more easily than while waiting at one end. :lol:
I can take close-up photos of some pieces, if someone wants to see something in particular.

Thanks for that. It's good to get other peoples opinions/descriptions of their stuff before buying it. i am seriously considering ordering 2 while they are on sale.
x

Back