• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

These make me sick :o(

The laws don't specify a minimum size, but I'm pretty sure they would not meet the requirements of the animal welfare act.

Theyre disgusting. I think places advertising these as suitable for rabbits should be prosecuted under the trade description law & anyone keeping a rabbit in them should be prosecuted for cruelty to animals :evil::evil:

I don't get it, the RSPCA have minimum size requirements for rabbits, yet these fall short by HUGE HUGE amounts. Why are people allowed to sell them ? This must mean that some breeders are buying them and using them, what a total DISGRACE.

What a total disgrace. Infact I have just got their email address and I am going to ask them how they think this is acceptable. I was talking about this the other day with my vet, I really don't see how this is allowed to happen, I went with my friend to get her bun a few years ago and it was a breeder, she had LOADS of buns and actually had 2 in a cage like these on the website. They were that distressed they were throwing themselves at the front of the cages constanlty. It really upset me. I think there should be a law about the size of a buns hutch, this is just cruel and un-natural!!!!!!:(:censored::censored::censored::censored:

unfortunatly the rspca rules and regulations dont apply to breeders or pet shops as tehy are classed only as temperary accomodation. THIS DOES NOT MEAN I AGREE i think they should be banned and no respectable breeder would use such a thing. imagine a mum and her kits in a tiny 2ft box it makes me so angry. arthur wasnt a breeders rabbit but he was kept in a litttle under 2 ft "hutch" he is so much happier now bless him how people can do such a thing is cruel.

Back