• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Supplements?

Bluesmum

Wise Old Thumper
I know this sounds like a really daft question, but does anyone give their bun supplements? If so what kind do you use? Blue is on a basic pellet with as much hay as he (won't) eat with some veggies whenever I have to leave the house/bribery/when he goes to bed. I've seen loads of them available and salt licks too, but I just don't know! :? Can't seem to find any thing in my (many) bunny books either.
(If he were a horse there'd be no problem...I know all that! :lol:)

I avoid things like salt licks, vitamin drops etc in pet shops because they don't really need them :) I do give 2 of my rabbits joint supplements because they are a bit arthritic and it does seem to help them :)

Healthy rabbits who are fed a correct diet of a large quantity of hay, small amount of pellets and green vegetables do not require any additional supplementation.

Rabbits who have a compromised immune system may benefit from additional vitamin C and probiotics whilst they are on the mend.

Thats ok then....was starting to worry a little. :oops: Trying to get him to eat more hay....got one of the trial packs from the hay experts but hes more interested in the paper bags it comes in. :roll:

Yep I agree with Janice.

The only ones here that are on long term probiotics are two that are battling with health issues :cry:

You should check the various vitamins and minerals that are required in a rabbits diet and make sure you are feeding things that provide these. If not then supplements can be useful to top them up.

Back