• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why is getting a rescue bun so hard?

~ Cat ~

Wise Old Thumper
Hi folks.

We went to a local animal shelter today, it was in the middle of nowhere and after getting lost and being on three different buses we gave up. We had rung a week ago to enquire if they had anything suitable and they said the Lionhead Male they had in would be ideal.
I rang the lady to apologise that we would not be able to make it for 3pm only to be told that they had no idea about the rabbit we were going to see (young male Albino Lionhead who had been bypassed due to being an Albino) and they didnt have anything suitable.
I dont drive due to having epilepsy and had surgery only a week ago so we made a real effort to get up there and I was in tears on the way home. I am truly gutted. Not being able to drive makes it so hard to get a rescue rabbit - and I dont think I could get one from a pet shop when there are so many rescue bunnys needing forever homes.

Sorry for the rant - I was just really geared up for today.

Andrea x x

PS. If anyone lives in the Leeds area and knows of smallish male rescue bunny looking to bond with a fiesty kick ass confident beautiful miss of a Lionhead please get in touch.

Last edited:
I am soooo sorry you had such a bad experience. It sounds like communication break down some where. Where are you, perhaps some of the rescues on here could help make it much smoother for you?

Edited to add..... I see you added that info :D Hope you get sorted soon cos I bed you have a great home waiting!

Aww Andrea,
I'm so sorry that you tried your hardest to get a rescue bunny then to be told there wasn't one available after all your hard work.I really hope some one In your area sees this thread and Is able to help you gt a new friend for Lola.

That's a shame - so sorry you went all that way and all those buses for nothing. I hope your perfect bunny comes along very soon.

I am soooo sorry you had such a bad experience. It sounds like communication break down some where. Where are you, perhaps some of the rescues on here could help make it much smoother for you?

Edited to add..... I see you added that info :D Hope you get sorted soon cos I bed you have a great home waiting!

I thought it could be a good idea to "pimp" Lola on the forum! :D :D

I know what you mean about not being a driver. Elaine is my closest rescue, but she is still 3 buses and 50 minutes away.

You don't like going to a rescue if you know there is nothing ther suitable. that goodness for the www.

I am feeling a bit better now and even more determined to find a hubby for Lola.

I was going to find out about volunteering at the bunny rescue place but its not even accessible by bus:(

ho hum!

Is Barnsley not near you...

I think it's bunnymadhouse that is based there...could be wrong, might she have any bunnies suitable...(sorry question mark doesn't work)

I had a few problems with the first rescue I contacted, just persevere, I promise it all works out as it's meant to in the end :D

Contact Angie (Bunnymadhouse) on here or Mopsmum(Tracey) who run Barnsley Animal Rescue, I am sure they will help you to find a suitable partner and a bunnyrun could always be arranged - we drive to Halifax from Barnsley practically every week and have done pick ups before in the Leeds area for boarders so might be able to help out get a new bun over to you on a day we go through to Halifax if Angie had one, or we could pick yours up to bring this way for bonding if it helped.

bunnies020.jpg

oakley ;)

Lola is a very confident sassy kick ass bun who may need a firm male to keep her in check - she thinks nothing of chasing the cats about and bouncing on them - the cats are scared silly of the vacuum cleaner but Lola does not bat an eyelash!

Its the ears on Oakley aint it! :love:

You'll probably find she just needs a male who will be willing to groom her and let her be boss! Phoebe is like that but teddy who is normally a gentle soul is having none of it!

Back