• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Room at Uni

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
This is my room in my flat at halls, thought u might all like to have a nosy!

Picture009-2.jpg

Picture007-1.jpg

Picture008.jpg

my board

Picture010-2.jpg

Wow, lovely room. Far better than what I was in at uni.

Love your board too. Gorgeous pictures.

Looks nice and cosy, I always imagined them to be scabby places but thats def not. Love the foto wall too!

theres 3 places to live, one is a student 'village' which is lots of houses on like a cul de sac which is nice, then theres 2 halls which r lovely, en suite showers too etc, then there is one halls which is being knocked down this year bcus its so old, its EIGHTEEN people to a floor, 3 kitchens, and 3 shared bathrooms with a shower block

My halls was only built last year and tbh for halls its pretty nice, its never dirty, the halls and lobbys are cleaned tree times a day by cleaners, we have security always in reception n stuff, for halls its pretty nice lol

Your room looks lovely! My daughter had a room just like that at Exeter uni, her block was only a year old too.

Hope you are enjoying it and the work is ok.

X

Your room looks lovely! My daughter had a room just like that at Exeter uni, her block was only a year old too.

Hope you are enjoying it and the work is ok.

X

Its not actually by my uni, its by a company called Unite Student Housing, so it might be the same lol

That looks nice - a lot better than I imagined (never having been to uni I can't compare). Love the photo board.

wow that is a nice room.. looks much nicer than what i had at uni. I did have a pinboard the entire length of my bed though so i did what you've done and covered it in photos of family friends and pets :D When i was homesick i used to talk to them and kiss them all goodnight :oops:

Wow thats much nicer than when I was at uni, but then we are going back more years than I care to remember

Yeah me too - I remember there were about 25 rooms (some shared) on each floor...2 kitchens, 3 showers, 3 baths. It was gross...and has now been converted into some extortionately priced posh apartments :lol:

It looks lovely SJ :D

I'm jealous too! :lol: I had to share a room, and didn't even have a proper desk - I used to work hunched up on my bed. Oh and I was studying English, with a teeny tiny bookshelf that I filled up after about 2 weeks - I used to have a huge pile of books all over the floor. :lol:

Awww it's lovely. Aww I miss halls, first year was ace!!!

People have this image of student halls being vile, but I had a massive double room with a desk and furniture that looked very much like that actually, and a big en-suite bathroom, and everyone else in my flat had rooms that looked just like that with small en-suites. It was ace :thumb:

Student houses on the other hand... vile vile vile vile vile! Landlords think anything is suitable for students!

Naaaah, our student house was looooovely, we all had big double rooms, new furniture. Lovely everything. We were so lucky :)
We had the creepiest landlord though. Weirdo he was lol

Back