• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does anyone feed Science Selective?

Emm-Jane76

Mama Doe
If you do - what do you think? Am thinking of weaning my buns over from excel to SS due to the higher fibre content. Just want anyones view?

Yeah lots of people on here feed it, general consensus is that it's a good food - and the pragmatic option between something like Allen & Page (very high fibre but hard to get hold of especially in small quantities, not as tasty) and excel which many people find too rich.

Mine are all on SS and they behave like kiddies with chocolate bars whenever they see it :roll:

I had exactly the same idea as you a while back, Hugo was also on excel & i found ss upset his stomach.I posted about it at the time & someone said 'if it aint broke don't fix it' good advice i think :lol:

Mine have a mixture of SS and Oxbow... but SS is the favourite!! Pickle becomes a maniac mental bunny if I scatter SS in his run..... he has to get them all before anyone else :lol::lol::lol::lol: If I scatter Oxbow he has a sniff and mooches off waiting for the SS fest!!

I swapped from excel to SS in July because of the higher fibre, they liked it but it has lower vitamin levels and I found that my buns with health issues were losing weight and condition on it so I decided to switch them back. When they are on excel they have lovely glossy coats :)

All the buns here have SS, although its just changed and its thinner pieces now, they are still enjoying it tho x

I swapped from excel to SS in July because of the higher fibre, they liked it but it has lower vitamin levels and I found that my buns with health issues were losing weight and condition on it so I decided to switch them back. When they are on excel they have lovely glossy coats :)

I think its hard to say one is better than the other as each bunny is unique so you should go with what is best for them. Pickle was on Oxbow (which is deemed better) for a while and he lost a bit of weight and condition - he now has SS as well as Oxbow and has put back the weight and is looking great.

Bambi loves science selective too. She gets very excited when she hears the rustling of the bag and the noise of the pellets being put in her food bowl.:)

Have always used SS here - all six of our buns go CRAZY for it every day!! Seems to give them gorgeous silky coats too :)

I moved from Excel to SS, and all my bunnies have benefited greatly from it (no more mucky bums)- i even put some foster bunnies with sensitive tummies as excel is just way to strong sometimes!!

Back