• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Garden centre, bunnies and pigs together

Tempest

Warren Scout
I bet this thread gets posted an awful lot but:

My local garden centre has always sold rabbits and guiena pigs.. well cared for, nice enclosures. Its actually where Rowan came from. The man in charge of them really knew his stuff too.

But it seems he's now left or was let go, and they've started keeping pigs and bunnies together. How can I best approach them? What facts do I need to say to back up that rabbits and guinea pigs shouldn't live together? Do you think print outs about rabbit and guinea pig care from the RSPCA website would be going too far? I'm a bit nervous about talking to them, but it has to be done. I've not seen it myself, my mother came home and told me they'd stuck them in together, she says it's not our place to say anything, so I'd better make sure I go alone..:roll:

Reading this link might help (which you may already have done) http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=148216

I would suggest writing a formal letter with formal 'evidence' and then also going in to talk to them, and handing the letter over then. That way if they don't take it on board when you talk, they will have it in writing. You can also offer to work with them to help them (if you want to) because that could potentially help them too and also makes you sound like a helpful person as opposed to a possible know-it-all (I'm not saying you are, just looking at it from how they might look at it that's all).

Thanks, I've just given the thread a read. I didn't notice it before :oops:
But it has the sort of information I'm after. Thanks for pointing it out :D

I going to go with the letter idea, my mum is concerned that if I complain I could end up getting her banned from going there. So at least this way it can't come across as confrontational and if they don't do anything then I can speak up in person. :)

Back