• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

This week in Twickenham I am bonding.

janice

Wise Old Thumper
Tonight I am pairing up 2 pairs of buns.

One of these is a pair of petite buns, a tiny 16 week old lop and Sooty who is a small nethie.

Sooty is being quite confident, where his bride to be is very quite and a little unsure about who has been put in with her.

My other pair are grown up buns who are doing a 'lets play hard to get' mode and trying to mug each other for cabbage leaves :?

Unusually there has been calm all night, a little bit of thumping from Sooty and partner and a tiny amount of chasing. They have sorted out their issues and seem really good this morning.

my other couple are grooming each other nicely.

They're so cute Janice.

I have admired Sooty from afar. So pleased he's off to a new permanent home.:D

Sooty started off with little man syndrome but has now settled down. His parrtner although only 16 weeks old I think will end up as boss as she is digging her heels in and determined to get the food instead of Soorty,

Hi Janice/Donna and all - this is my first post hope it works!:wave:

I (and boyfriend James) will be Sooty's new owners, hopefully, and glad everything is going well! We are really looking forward to giving him a home where he will be wanted by us and Dolly! We thought he was gorgeous when we saw him yesterday!

Janice, thank you SO much for bonding them and giving up your weekends, it is VERY much appreciated and you do an amazing job giving these lovely animals a new start... We are quite new to rabbits and are amazed how intelligent and complex they are. Another thank you for posting updates on them here and the video - it is lovely, looks like a big improvement since last night, they make a lovely couple! We will keep you posted about they are getting on when we have them. We have spent the day scrubbing the hutch, toys and home and it is all like new!

Thanks again Janice
Helen and James
:p

:wave:
Dolly and Sooty are currently tucking into some cabbage. Dolly is trying to give us the impression that she never gets fed :shock: She simply loves attention and is moving up and down her pen as anyone passes them.

Sooty I think has now made Dolly think he is the boss, although I get the impression she will eventually be in charge. She certainly does puts up a good 'fight' to ensure that she gets the biggest piece of veg.

I think the only thing you need to do for them is just make sure any extras are cut up for them so that they dont have to compete against each other.

They will be fine to go home tomorrow.

I was down your way earlier today....perhaps I should have popped in to get your special touch with panda & the trio....hope yours are going better than mine.

Ahh, we are so glad that Sooty and Dolly are bonding well!

Yes, Dolly is an attention seeker. When she has free roam of our flat in an evening, she spends most of it running around our feet, following us around or trying to climb up onto us. She always gets a cuddle from one of us.

We are looking forward to having both of them back at the flat with us!

What time shall we pop around to collect them?

I'm so glad you have offered this little man a home - he had such a bad start and he's been here too long. He won't be as friendly as Dolly to start with - he has a lot of trust to learn but I just know with time he will be a great bun to live with.
You will be able to give him much more individual time than I could. But even with what I could give him he is a completely different boy - quite accepting of strokes and being picked up - instead of flying around the hutch to get away in terror, crashing against the walls in his panic to get away!
Please keep us updated as to his progress. Best of luck and lots of love x

Im so pleased Sootys been given a new home. Ive been looking at that little bun for a very long time & thinking how gorgeous he is & wishing he was a she. Congrats Helen must say Im a little bit jealous, though its made better by thinking of little Primrose who's hopefully going to be with me in a couple of weeks time. :D

Back