• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fostering rabbits /piggies

For me personally, I pay for the food, bedding and day to day stuff, and if I want them to see the RSPCA vet/its an emergency and I book with my vet then I don't pay for that, however if I want them to see my rabbit savvy vet and its not an emergency, then I pay for that.

I think it differs depending who you foster for, and also how much you demand for.

It depends who you foster for. A large organisation such as the RSPCA often pay for everything including accomodation, food and vets bills.

Small rescues tend to pay for vets bills and you pay for everything else, although I'm sure that's probably negotiable.

Are you thinking of starting to foster Marie? :D

It depends who you foster for. A large organisation such as the RSPCA often pay for everything including accomodation, food and vets bills.

Small rescues tend to pay for vets bills and you pay for everything else, although I'm sure that's probably negotiable.

Are you thinking of starting to foster Marie? :D

Im considering it yes:) Prob start with piggies first i dont have loads of room so it would only be 2 max at a time

I foster for Jill (Honeybunny), I pay for everything apart from the vets bills, although I do fund raising with Jill to help her pay these.

I pay day to day stuff and they cover the vet bills, although paying for a vac at christmas is not uncommon and both mine and my parents businesses are donating part of our sales to the animal rescue. Not a fortune but I just all ways feel there are more buns when we can get these ones off to new lives.:(

I'm very lucky as all my fosterers provide food hay ect..and I pay the vet:D
You need to be able to get the animals to a vet that is agreed with the rescue..and most rescues will offer to provide food..I offer but they all refuse!!..if needed:D

Back