• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

P@H Heather Hideaway - any good for rescues?

Morrigan1981

Mama Doe
My two guinea pigs are moving from their current housing, a P@H Heather Hideaway, into their new 6ft by 2ft home this weekend :love:

This means that I'm going to have an empty hutch, and I'm not sure what to do with it. I don't really want to throw it away as it's less then a year old (and fitted with a hutch hugger) but I think it's really too small to be of any use to anyone - it's about 3.5ft x 2ft, so not really OK for even two piggies :( (it was only ever a very temp solution for my two)

Any ideas? Could a rescue use it as a backup / emergency hutch??

Last edited:
im sure a rescue would be able to make good use of it as temp housing for guinea pigs especially since it has a hutch hugger which will be nice and cosey for any rescue piggies this winter :)

Where about's are you based? I am sure there will be a rescue close by who could use it, perhaps with a run attached!

You could keep it as an emergency hutch for yourself. If you found a stray rabbit wandering round the streets it would be nice to have somewhere secure to keep him overnight.

Im sure a rescue would be very pleased if they had this hutch as a spare :) Many rescues have limited space at the moment :( Someone will be grateful for it xXx

Thanks for all of the replies everyone. Since BARC can use the hutch I'm going to get it over to them as soon as I can :D

(I've sent you a PM too Angie :wave: )

Back