• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help!!!

Amandabwfc

Warren Scout
I got my bunnies a two storey hutch yesterday, the have been upstairs but have yet to figure out how to get down. Iv just got home from uni and discovered one of my bunnies upstairs and the other one must have knocked the ramp over and he couldnt get back downstairs, god knows how long he was up for.
Im worried about nailing the ramp down, as if they fall down the might get trapped and now at least the ramp isnt fixed down.... oh im so confused!!!

I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you mean about the ramp and the position (I get confused easily, sorry), but to teach them to use it you can use food, or also 'guide' them up using your hands, and they should soon figure it out for themselves.

Don't panic...:)::D:wave:
My buns can jump from top floor to bottom and back without a ramp (much to my surprise, I have athletic buns.)
Is it possible to screw the ramp in place? Might be better than using nails.

yeah i have managed to get them up they are just stuggling to get down, and also the ramp isnt fixed down and they knock it over

Is it poss to post piccie, it is difficult to imagine what the prob is, but I guess you could screw the ramp in a few places, and then it won't be able to be knocked down..

use a hinge to fix the ramp to the hutch, that way it will not fall off, this is what I have done with my happy hutch. I never had the problem with Charlie, but now Princess is here( shes a larger bunny, although healthy weight I have been informed by the vet tonight) she kept on knocking the ramp off.

Its really easy to fit

i had that prob with our thistle hall hutch. with a bit of wiggling a good thump it went back into place..it fits better now that bandit insist on stuffing extra hay in the gaps:lol:

have you put it back the right way up..i know ours has grooves etc and if you put the top bit at the bottom stopper..the weeny bit of wood it pushes up against..it doesnt fit right.

sorry cant be much help....if its giving way all the time and is a new hutch contact the place you got it from. if its an old hutch...see if oyu can alter the bit of wood at the bototm that it leans up against..if thats ok then oyu need to fasten it at the top or when youre not there..block it off with another bit of wood.

good luck

Why dont you try putting something in to act as a step? I bought my buns a plastic castle its supposed to be used a a small hideaway but theyve outgrown it now & cant get inside it & instead they use it to get up & down from the 2nd storey in their cage. You could also try a small plastic bowl like the one you'd do washing up in & just turn it upside down

Back