• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

foster homes needed at eastbourne rabbit rescue

bunnyrun

Mama Doe
we are in urgent need of foster carers, so far i have been let down with people who appear dedicated but end up giving up fostering once the novelty has worn off:? ive just had to remove 6 bunnies from a foster home due to neglect:shock::cry:she assured me every thing was fine, ive gone round there unexpectedly and ended up removing the rabbits their and then:cry::cry: all 6 are ok but are skinny, and today ive had another call regarding 6 bunnies in need plus the 10 from yesterday, so we are getting very busy again and i could do with some help,
foster homes need to be local if poss so the bunnies are kept with my vets and can easily come back to me when they are ready to be rehomed

please pm me if your in a position to help us out:D:D:D:D:D

Caroline as you know im willing to do this.

What with Ant losing his job, im still willing to do this but would need you to provide a hutch (unless we can bond bugs and Harley before hand).. Depends on how quickly you want me to foster them for.

All I would need is a little bit of feed for them, or money towards.. As I get all my bedding and toilet bedding for free :)

So its only food.. :love: Let me know hun.

we are in urgent need of foster carers, so far i have been let down with people who appear dedicated but end up giving up fostering once the novelty has worn off:? ive just had to remove 6 bunnies from a foster home due to neglect:shock::cry:she assured me every thing was fine, ive gone round there unexpectedly and ended up removing the rabbits their and then:cry::cry: all 6 are ok but are skinny, and today ive had another call regarding 6 bunnies in need plus the 10 from yesterday, so we are getting very busy again and i could do with some help,
foster homes need to be local if poss so the bunnies are kept with my vets and can easily come back to me when they are ready to be rehomed

please pm me if your in a position to help us out:D:D:D:D:D

Where abouts in the uk are you based? Also I love the orange rex you have on your site :love:

How AWFUL!!!!! :cry: :cry: I find it unfathomable that anyone would take on the job of fostering and then starve and neglect the bunnies. :evil: Poor things must have thought that they were right back where they started from. :cry: :cry: It's a good job that you went around and checked instead of taking her word for it! :evil:

So sorry to hear this :( I'm also too far away to help.

I'd previously said this to Starlight and recent events prove it's a sensible thing to do - and that is to draw up a fostering contract in much the same way that you would draw up an adoption one. Sadly I have known of fosterers who have even bred from the rabbits in their care :shock:

It doesn't need to be extensive but just lays down quite clearly that the rabbits remain in your ownership and can be taken back by you at any time, and that the fosterer agrees to look after them, clean them, feed them, exercise them etc etc and that they won't breed from them, rehome them or make fundamental decisions about their welfare without your consent (except in an emergency and they can't get hold of you).

There obviously has to be a certain level of trust but I don't think it hurts to spell it out just to be on the safe side - especially if it's with new people that you don't really know very well.

Good luck - I hope you manage to find some good helpers :)

Back