• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'll hopefully be offering to foster in a few months...

rebeccaemms

Warren Scout
Hi All

I've been reading about Dylanflo's predicament and the entire thread which has now been resolved thank goodness.

I have been thinking for a while now that once I've had my baby (another 3 weeks hopefully) and have got him settled down into a little routine (few months from now I'd hope) I'd like to help out a local rescue by taking on a couple more bunnies as a fosterer.

Obviously I'm not yet able to take any on right now due to the birth being so soon and getting to know my new baby so it's a bit pointless at the moment to offer and not be willing to take any but I'd like to know if this is something that local rescues would support in a few months time? Is there a real need for fosterers or would it not be helpful? Also, would I need to provide hutches and runs for bunnies or could these be sourced by the rescue? (I have no spares at present) I have a fairly big garden (1/4 acre) and have two bunnies of my own who are outdoor but also housebroken, one of these bunnies came from Angie/ Tracey at BARC.

I am in the East Leeds area but only have transportation on a weekend due to my husband using the car Mon-Fri.

Any advice on whether this offer would be valuable to rescues would be good so I know where I stand for when I feel that I can offer this extra time to help some bunnies out!

Rebecca

I've been thinking about this more and more and am getting excited. I'd love to help bunnies in need more!

Rebecca xx

Back