• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Will Bunny ever forgive me?

lauraocal

Warren Scout
Well I took my little rabbit, Bunny, to the vets today to be spayed.
I feel so awful for her right now. She was shaking and making a little mewling noise that has broken my heart.
I hadn't realised just how relaxed she was with me, until i saw her splayed out on the vets table.
I hope she is going to be ok, I'm a complete wreak and just want my bunny home.

She will forgive you, although some buns take some bribery. Just remember that it is in her best interests and will mean she has a happier life than a facing a life riddled with cancer later on. Hopefully she will be home safe and sound soon and can get some loving :)

she will forgive you as sky said sometimes bribery helps to be fair my buns are so relieved to be home from vets they are only wary of me for a day or so and after spey she will be indoors with you so you will have time to regain her confidence x

I'm going to collect her shortly, I'm shaking I'm so scared of what she's going to be like.
Hopefully we'll be together again real soon and she wont hate me too much!
Wish me luck..

She might very well be dopey tonight and tomorrow, so don't expect too much of her.

I hope she isn't angry at you, but if she is, she will come round easily :) The only time I had an angry bun after a neuter was with a meanie anyway, and he was angry for three days, lol. He stomped and thumped and was not impressed. He did come round though and stopped being a meanie and vicious and was much better for having gone through his 'ordeal'.

It's awful isn't it - I felt really guilty too. Frank was neutered on Tuesday and he'd just about found it in his heart to fully forgive me yesterday morning. Well, he had until I got my mum to hold him this afternoon so I could see how his stitches were healing. Poor little fella - where once he had a fine pair of cocktail sausages, he just has what looks like a shrivelled sultana. :lol:

Just bribe her with her favourite food. Pick her some dandelion leaves and buy her some fresh herbs like basil, parsley and corriander from the supermarket. She'll soon get over it and after all, it's for her own good in the long run.

gender confusion!

:wave:
everyone thought Lola was a girl, even lola thought lola was a girl only the vet knew the truth!!
when "lola" came home minus a pair of nads i think he was SOOO happy (might have been the anaesthetic) that i stopped calling him "mummy's little girly"

you will be forgiven!!

emily and lollybebunny xx

Aw I hear you

Moose is going to be neutered this week and i am just making some progress with him, I'm afraid all my progress will be for naught! I'll love him regardless!

I think we all worry that when we send our buns off to be neutered that they will come back hating us. I think the buns are just glad to be back home where they know they are loved & safe. All mine reverted back to their normal loving selves once they were home. So try not to worry

Back