• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hi newby here

bluemink

New Kit
hi to you all,

both me and my partner started rescueing rabbits about 2 and a half years ago and our family has since grown to 10. This was partly down to a rookie mistake and not seperating a brother and sister soon enough (oops). The subisquent 5 kits are doing very well and are now 18 days old and i hate to say as we have never breed rabbits (and we aren't ever planning to do so again) we think we'll be keeping then all.

We look forward to chatting to you all and picking up any helpful tips and hints you think we might find helpful.

We are hoping to get into the showing of our rabbits and are unsure of how to get started or even if we can show as we don't have a clue if the breed of our rabbits never mind any documents to this. So again any input would be most welcome.

kind regards
blue and mink

BABYRABBITS004.jpg

BABYRABBITS006.jpg

BABYRABBITS005.jpg

BABYRABBITS003.jpg

BABYRABBITS002.jpg

BABYRABBITS001.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum. The babies are very sweet.
I don't think many people on here show their rabbits but I could be wrong?
I have 2 female rabbits Chelsea a 10yr old and Sooty a 9yr old.
10 buns is a lot, but some on here have 40 plus in their rescues.(!)
Are you a UK based rescue?
-Look on the start of the forum about rescue info-lots of stuff on there.
Look forward to seeing pics of the rest of your bunnies. -Sue:wave:

thanks for the kind replies.

Yes we are in the uk but we aren't a rescue center, we just take in the odd few that thier owners can no longer look after. For example the first rabbit we took in was due to the young girl having anorexia so had to travel hundreds of miles each week for medical treatment.

blue and mink

:wave: Hello and welcome. The babies are very cute. If you havent already done it it would be a good thing to get any adult male buns you have neutered. !0 bunnies can quickly turn in to a lot more!!
More pics of the bunnies please :)

How gorgeous! I love vienna marked buns.

If you are interested in showing I would suggest you join the British Rabbit Council to learn more, be it showing in the pet class, or what. The vienna bunnies are not actually showable, so I suspect you will be doing pet classes if anything, but the BRC has all the shows on so you will be able to see what is in your area and also probably learn a great deal that way too :)

http://www.thebrc.org/

I hope you enjoy the forum and I look forward to seeing you around :)

Take care

Tracy

Hiya, welcome to RU :wave: The babies are gorgeous :love: :love: Look foward to seeing pics of them when theyre a bit older :D :D xXx

I would love to rescue rabbits but our garden is took over by the rabbit we have, his cage is huge, his run is even bigger and thats without our girls garden things. I am thinking about rescuing another male to keep Babbit company though im looking into it x

Back